Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like ASUS want a piece of this cake...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like ASUS want a piece of this cake...

Looks like a copy of the Zotac D-E mobo, but was it that hard to solder a DVI port like zotac did ?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...SUS-_-13131408
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5
    >"Say what you mean and mean what you say"<

i just got my hands on this board a few days ago, so far it is awesome. It has a HDMI port instead of DVI, which is fine with me since it's part of a htpc build.
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
      i just got my hands on this board a few days ago, so far it is awesome. It has a HDMI port instead of DVI, which is fine with me since it's part of a htpc build.
      could you let me know how it works out? I am considerIng getting one to replace my 945gclf
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

A pci slot seems cheap nowadays
        Now Galileo is real. Muhahahahaha :p

Comment

Originally posted by sergatiuk View Post
          was it that hard to solder a DVI port like zotac did ?
          Why does it matter when it has an HDMI port instead?
          You can just use a HDMI to DVI cable/adapter

Comment

Yes HDMI is actually better than DVI because HDMI can carry audio through the cable also.

Here is mine so far:

Comment

Here is an updated pic, I put a really quiet 80 mm fan over the heat sink and ram to keep both cooled. It's much quieter now. I see why Asus put a small 40mm fan embedded in the heat sink, it is to retain the 1U server height restriction. Fortunately I am using a 2U size chassis
              Attached Files

Comment

what is the power requirements for this board. i found alot of specs for it but that one.
                2009 Volkswagon Tiguan
                Custom Built Carpc, Only way to go

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
                  Fortunately I am using a 2U size chassis
                  What cabinet are you using?

Comment

what do you think about putting one in the car ?

it seems to good to be true ! ,
                    in my country it's price is abit less than double from the D945GCLF2,
                    worth the money ?

Comment

I'm using a Norco 2U server chassis, the shallow version, it's like 16" deep.

Right now I am running with a MicroATX 300W power supply.

I actually bought this for car use but I am testing it in the house first. I streamed a blu-ray movie through it yesterday and it worked very well, so far the board seems very snappy with stripped XP pro on it. So far I have not messed with the bluetooth but everything else seems to be in order. Sound is fantastic on the via chipset.

Also since the Atom has H.T. ability, the OS sees this board as having 4 cores

ION video is nice, right now its pushing a 37" Olevia HDTV over the HDMI connection. Running at 1080 resolution.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well I upgraded this ASUS ITX system to a 32Gb SSD and windows 7 ultimate. Honestly I think it runs better with win 7 which is a surprise. Perhaps it has something to do with being able to run newer directx versions, but more likely it's the speed of the SSD.

Comment

your video chipset is accelerating the gui in win7 faster then a cpu does in xp, along with a slew of indexing and file sorting enhancements the ssd is making shine like you said too. there are so many things that rely on quick file acquisition...

Comment

Hi I have an older version of intel atom mobo D945GCLF, I want to replace this because is too slow. I'm testing centrafuse 3.0 and is very slow and can't play videos in HD

Compared with the regular intel D945GCLF in your word, how much fast is this solution ?
                            AMD sempron 140 (underclocked to 1.8Ghz) - foxconn 740G motherboard - 2GB DDRII - 320GB HDD (Laptop) - Power inverter - Lilliput 8 inch LED LCD... project under test...
                            ride: Ford Taurus 1988 SW

Comment

Both xp and win7 support hardware acceleration - its only vista that didn't. File indexing actually has very little effect....other then search and a few corner cases.

Most of the advantages you are seeing are win7s better use of multiple cores, prefetching and ssd optimizations (if its detected as an ssd).
                              openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                              - Always Recruiting Developers -
                              Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X