Front Panel MB Audio to TRS Connector Solution Wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Panel MB Audio to TRS Connector Solution Wanted

I have a high end motherboard (Commell LV677 / Realtek ALC880 Audio) with a standard 10-1 pin Audio Header Connector (see details below) that is ready to connect to a Front Panel audio 1/O module.

I need to make up that Front Panel I/O module comprising 2 X standard 3.5mm or 1/8” Tip/Ring/Sleeve (TRS) panel mount stereo jacks (my case does not come with this front panel provision (I am installing Phoenix SOHO hardware (to kill off Bluetooth echo) and quality microphone direct to MB audio via two 3.5mm /1/8” jacks while still maintaining my MB’s 3 X rear 3.5mm /1/8” panel jacks for 5:1 audio)

However I have no idea what the standard audio pin connections to TRS jacks are. I am guessing Pin 2 (common audio ground) goes to the “Tip” of both jacks, however as audio standards and computers often don’t match up I am not prepared to experiment and cook my MB’s audio?

I would be grateful if someone can tell me whether it is the TIP, RING or SLEEVE for the stereo audio out jack and the microphone stereo jack that connects to the following 9 X Front Panel pin numbers.

10-1 PIN AUDIO CONNECTOR to 2 X FRONT PANEL TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) JACKS

PIN - DESCRIPTION - T or R or S???

Pin 1 - Mic left - T or R or S?
    Pin 3 - Mic right - T or R or S?
    Pin 5 - Speaker right - T or R or S?**
    Pin 7 – Sense - T or R or S? (speak or mic?)
    Pin 9 Speaker left - T or R or S?**

Pin 2 - Ground - T or R or S?
    Pin 4 – AVCC - T or R or S? (speak or mic?)
    Pin 6 – Mic Detect - T or R or S? **
    Pin 8 – Not Used -
    Pin 10 – Speaker Detect - T or R or S? **

**Also do I need 2 X jumpers connected across Pins 5 and 6 and across Pins 9 & 10 to make speaker and microphone jacks work and or auto detect?

Thanking you in anticipation
    Landrover CF 3.1 Commell LV677 2GhzCore2Duo 4GDDR2 Military 80G SATA & SS Cartnetix P2140 & P5V Voom2 81/2" 16:9 5.1 3XAmps SOHO H/F Mini-PCI Wireless & 3G Wireless B'band Mini-PCI GPS - Destinator/OziExplorer HQCTi DAB+ SATA DVD Remote Cams TV UHF Radio

i had the exact same need since i install a subwoofer which took the rear mic input spot

read page 29-30
    ftp://ftp.commell.com.tw/COMMELL/sup...ual/LV-677.pdf

r u in melbourne ?
    i went to swap meet last week and picked up a mobo audio header connector for $2, which include 2 usb header connection as well.

Comment

[QUOTE=Banegio;1354927]i had the exact same need since i install a subwoofer which took the rear mic input spot

read page 29-30
      ftp://ftp.commell.com.tw/COMMELL/sup...ual/LV-677.pdf

Thanks but I am after the T or R or S "jack connector" positions at the front panel....(pages 29 -30 you mention only gives you the MB to Front Panel connector pins on the MB and which I have listed in my post).

PS Thanks for swap meet tip..am in Brisvegas
      Landrover CF 3.1 Commell LV677 2GhzCore2Duo 4GDDR2 Military 80G SATA & SS Cartnetix P2140 & P5V Voom2 81/2" 16:9 5.1 3XAmps SOHO H/F Mini-PCI Wireless & 3G Wireless B'band Mini-PCI GPS - Destinator/OziExplorer HQCTi DAB+ SATA DVD Remote Cams TV UHF Radio

Comment

ah sorry, didn't quite read your question. too excited with cf3
        let me find the multi-meter.......

Comment

Pin 2 - Ground: sleeve
          Pin 1 - Mic left: ring
          Pin 3 - Mic right: tip
          Pin 9 - Speaker left: ring
          Pin 5 - Speaker right: tip

for the rest read page 19- on this http://www.formfactors.org/developer...5CA2928604.pdf

Comment

Thanks Banegio that is excellent info. Looks as though I will have to incorporate standard front panel audio circuits to get it right and not just wiring direct from connector pins to external TRS jacks.

Comment

Working...
            X