Bluetooth Headset > Computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Headset > Computer

Did a 'Bluetooth' search on the forums, but didn't see anything about this situation ...

I'm getting a BT Headset - Jabra FreeSpeak for my t68i(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...eless&n=507846) and was curious if I could use it for voice commands?

Anyone tried it? Know it won't work?

Ideally: Jabra to PC with BT USB dongle running Dragon Speak or some voice software

Just curious,
    Vikram
    5.6" Indash LCD | Sony MDX-610 HU | Sony XA-300 (USB Audio!)
    Apple iPod 30GB | Treo 600 with GPS |

www.vikrampant.com

well, i guess it depends on how the bluetooth protocol works. if theres a standard for voice over bluetooth, then it might work. i dont know exactly.

maybe check out www.howardforums.com its a great cellphone information forum, there might be more info there about bluetooth.
    Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
    Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
    '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

Well you would have to get a bluetooth adapter for your pc. Also you would need to program you own routine (ie Drivers) to make it work. Ain't going to be easy.

OR

can spend some more money on an bluetooth cell phone adapter and connect it to you mic input.

Comment

Yes you can. The Bluetooth adapter on your PC has to support the headset profile. The TDK ones are the only ones that I know of that do (I am sure others do also). Some guy sells the USB version on eBay for $99.

I really want one for myself but hate paying a hundred bucks for one when I have seen other USB adapters sell for under $30.
        Take a look at my CarPC

Comment

I am using a BT Headset with a USB-BT Dongle with no problems. It acts like a sound-card with mic and speaker. If you have either or both of them as the preferred playback/recording device then the button on the Headset will switch your mic/sound between Sound-Card and Headset (because it connects/disconnects the device).

It is cool but I want more... I want:

1) A macro that will will run when the Headset connects/disconnects so that I have have it enable speech recognition to "dial" Google-Talk / Skype contacts and/or control my PC.

or 2) A program that allows the button to work just like it does with a BT Cell Phone (you can voice-dial, mute, answer/ignore/hangup). This solution may require different BlueTooth connection software than the one that came with my BlueTooth USB Dongle, different drivers for my USB Dongle, or possibly a different USB Dongle that supports this all together.

Does anyone have any more information on this topic? I've been searching Google but found nothing other than some Skype plug-in that is in beta and doesn't work with my hardware.

The easiest solution is to just be able to run a script (or Girder event plug-in) on connect/disconnect and I can do the rest with Girder and a speech plug-in... does anyone know how to do that?

Comment

yoo if you want to get bluetooth headsets buy motorola
            http://motorola.digitalriver.com/DRH...egoryID=972000
            belive me i sell cellphones i have had a lot of jabra bluetooth headset returns beause of little bugs like the volume not working and other problems
            soon getting nissan 350z omggggg

Comment

Bull **** (your avitar) is right!!!

1) Your post is off topic.
              2) It looks like you are advertizing. Do you own DigitalRiver.com?
              3) I reciently putchased a Jabra BT150 and a Motorola HS820. The Jabra is better and only cost $10 (+$8 S/H) on E-Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                Bull **** (your avitar) is right!!!

1) Your post is off topic.
                2) It looks like you are advertizing. Do you own DigitalRiver.com?
                3) I reciently putchased a Jabra BT150 and a Motorola HS820. The Jabra is better and only cost $10 (+$8 S/H) on E-Bay.
                wow ok whatver man
                i work for my dad go to new york and yonkers and look for the phone store
                you want a link ill give it to you dumbass
                http://local.google.com/local?q=the+...&iwloc=A&hl=en
                AND SECOND OF ALL IM FUKIN 17 U DUMB ****
                I WISH I OWEND THAT COMPANY BUT I DONT

Comment

And Also Cheap **** Sucks(well Not Always But This Time)
                  Im A Use One My Self
                  I Love My H500 Shti Is Madd NiCe
                  Look How Big There ****s Are

Comment

I was looking to get a H500 ($40 on E-Bay), but I decided to go cheap with the $20 Jabra BT150. BTW: It is actually smaller than the H500. I have not used an H500 so I can't compare it's quality, but the BT150 is definatly better than the HS820.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bluetooth-mobile...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

o well forget dat lool why are we fighting over that haa

Comment

I was actually looking...

I was actually looking at the H300, I want something that uses a AAA battery (since they have 2-3 times the talk time) and still supports multilinking so I can us it w/ my pc and my cel phone.

Comment

...and the bottom line is?
                          (by the way, this should have been posted at the wireless section)

Comment

Working...
                          X