06 Infiniti M35 back up camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Infiniti M35 back up camera

My car came with the nav system but not the reverse camera. Im looking into adding it myself and was hoping somebody could confirm whether it's possible to do

I manage and auto shop so i have access to a lot of the tech data that i need , what im not sure about is whether the oe equipment is plug and play. After taking apart the trunk , it seems that it came pre-wired for it as there are unattached wire harnesses ending at the spot where the camera controller would be. The steering column already has the steering angle sensor in it , so i think all i need (and have found) is the oe camera and control module

Any opinions?

Well if nobody knows , i did see some nice alternatives to the OE camera in the mp3car store. Has anybody tried using the lilliput as a camera display ?

Comment

how expensive would the OE camera be if everything is already pre-wired?

Comment

$150 on ebay?

I've used the Xenarc to display my stock OEM back up camera once, it works fine. Where do you plan to fit the lilliput?
        Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
        Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

I can get the oe camera and module for $250 locally. If i try the liliput im thinking of putting it where the sunglass holder is , gonna take a bit of modifying tho to make it fit and drop down

Comment

Originally posted by PalmBeachBoxer View Post
            If i try the liliput im thinking of putting it where the sunglass holder is , gonna take a bit of modifying tho to make it fit and drop down
            That's what I did with my FX, you may want to check my sig.
            Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
            Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
              That's what I did with my FX, you may want to check my sig.
              Nice! Thx for the blueprint , i was initially thikning of hinging it so it would hide away but that would be a lot of work and seeing how nice yours came out i think it wouldnt be worth it

Comment

Working...
              X