Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadillac 2010 SRX

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCFzIqJ43Ds[/media]

If you fast forward to 1:25 you will see what has caught my attention.
    Not only is this dash remarkably pleasant to look at, but holds some awesome surprises.
    First being the pop up touch screen. I love how it displays general information when lowered, and then displays the full interface when popped up. I am going to figure out how to do this in my vehicle, I really like it.

Secondly: the awesome round LCD panel in the middle of the speedometer. I really like this, and wish it was possible to implement.

Comments?
    - Project: Unified Car Control
    - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

A round LCD? How cool is that? It doesn't even need to be in the middle of the speedometer to be cool. Even in a standard gauge housing will be cool.

Now where do we find these?

As for the main screen, I feel it should be bigger, it looks like your standard 7" screen. BMW has already moved on to the 9" right? The vents are too big, they should use that for screen real state. I'm not a big fan of pop up screens either, but this one is the coolest I've seen.
    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
      A round LCD? How cool is that? It doesn't even need to be in the middle of the speedometer to be cool. Even in a standard gauge housing will be cool.

Now where do we find these?

As for the main screen, I feel it should be bigger, it looks like your standard 7" screen. BMW has already moved on to the 9" right? The vents are too big, they should use that for screen real state. I'm not a big fan of pop up screens either, but this one is the coolest I've seen.
      Toshiba makes the round screens, but for the life of me, can not find a site to buy them on.

I agree, 9inch is much better than 7

I would usually hate motorized screens as well, but this is just awesome.
      - Project: Unified Car Control
      - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

Comment

even before i was done seeing the video, ideas of thin round lcd gauge pods--i am thinking of how cool it would be to fab up a something that looks like a 1/2" thick plastic piece fastened to the A pillar, and pop-up lilliput 629's are running through my head...

both would be awesome to implement, though i have been thinking of how to get a popup monitor in my car almost since i got it... it is nice to get some fresh ideas on the subject.
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

The new Porsche Panamera displays NAV on a round LCD together with other gauges (it also displays NAV info on the main screen).

More:

And other info as well. In the TopGear show, you can see the road map being displayed too.

That's cool. I could easily get rid of one of my 4 gauge cluster for a round LCD...
          Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
          Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Working...
          X