Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel D945GCLF2 + M2-ATX workbench setup

Hello!

I'm trying to setup a home workbench with a M2-ATX PSU + intel D, connected to a 12v AC/DC Adaptor.

The ignition wire is connected to the + wire.

It happens that the board activetes the led but, when I press the power button, it spins the fan and goes off... I've already tried with the power connector connected to the M2-ATX, also with the same results...

My adaptor is drawing 2.45A... would this be the cause? How much amperage is needed to power up this MB?

I have a spare ATX which draws 20A max... since the M2-ATX has a 15A fuse I didn't find that wise to use it... Am I right?

Thank you for the help!

Does the MB operate correctly with a known good desktop Power Supply?

That will tell you if it is power or MB....
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Yap.

If I bypass the M2-ATX and connect my spare ATX power supply directly to the motherboard it works nice like a regukar pc...

That's what i'm doing right now for software testing...

I'm asking this because I'd like to test the M2-ATX itself...

Thx!

Comment

remove all the jumpers on the psu and then just connect the 12v from the adapter to the 12v pin, and the ground to ground, leave the ignition disconnected

Comment

Thank you for the advice!

It happens the same thing...

I got the MB led on but when i press POWER the fan spins and stop right away... the board never gets to POST...

So the intensity isn't that much important right? Then what can it be? PSU's fault?

Thank you for the help so far!

Comment

try unplugging the ram, and powering it up-- if the ram is bad it might not be letting it post(it won't post without ram, but will turn on and stay running)...

otherwise, in rare cases, it could be a faulty processor-- you can try unplugging the p4 cable(you remembered to use that 4 pin pentium adapter right?), and it should power up, and stay running, it just won't post.
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Tried both... same happening... (and I didn't forget the P4 cable )

I wasn't expecting problems with the ram or processor, because the whole pc (motherboard+components) works perfectly using a regular ATX power supply...

Comment

Are you using the M2 to also start the motherboard (using the two pin cable)? My M4 was acting similarily and it turned out that it was basically holding the power switch on. Try disconnecting the power switch cable and start the motherboard using another switch or just by jumping the two pins together with a screwdriver. If it's the same problem I had, the motherboard will run just fine.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by RonsRed88 View Post
                  Are you using the M2 to also start the motherboard (using the two pin cable)? My M4 was acting similarily and it turned out that it was basically holding the power switch on. Try disconnecting the power switch cable and start the motherboard using another switch or just by jumping the two pins together with a screwdriver. If it's the same problem I had, the motherboard will run just fine.

Ron
                  I have the same problem as RonsRed88 with my M4, and had to just jump the 2 pins. But when I hook it up in the car it works find.

Comment

I noticed the fan start and shut down with two different units and quickly figured out there was not enough current. The wall adapter was 1000 milliamps, but a portable battery worked fine. I ended up using a 24V/1.75 amp charger which powers the device fine for testing.

Comment

Working...
                    X