2 minutes 11 seconds for boot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 minutes 11 seconds for boot

I purchased the stage 2 system from mp3car.com's store and before I see the BIOS screen there is a _ in the top right hand corner of the screen that takes most of the boot time. I thought it was in the motherboard or something but recently when I upgraded to Windows 7 in my car I used the power supply from my desktop and the boot was very quick and there was no _. Does anyone have a way to fix this?

got any usb drives(flash drive hard drive dvd drive) connected? They slow boot times considerably. Go into your bios and disable whatever devices you dont have and turn off features like "USB BOOT". Set your boot priority to your primary system disk and dont leave a second option.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
      got any usb drives(flash drive hard drive dvd drive) connected? They slow boot times considerably. Go into your bios and disable whatever devices you dont have and turn off features like "USB BOOT". Set your boot priority to your primary system disk and dont leave a second option.
      That was the first thing I did. Could the power supply have something to do with it?

Comment

do you have a Creative brand sound card, and the motherboard in the 'stage2' package is the intel 945glcf? then that is your problem-- they do not like each other, and boot times suffer while they sort out their differences.
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

Just more questions of the same type... What USB devices do you have plugged in that you haven't tried unplugging? Do you have a CD in the drive, etc. It's not the PSU, but just an external peripheral that takes time to spin up or initialize.

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
            do you have a Creative brand sound card, and the motherboard in the 'stage2' package is the intel 945glcf? then that is your problem-- they do not like each other, and boot times suffer while they sort out their differences.
            I do have a creative sound card. How can I remedy this because I just bought a new creative card.

To list some other USB things I have:
            GPS reciever
            ElmScan USB 5
            mouse and keyboard

Comment

Had a similar issue (slow bootup time) a couple of weeks back...seems my sata1 port went bad...maybe try a different port?
              Sig, smig...

Ford Flex Toshiba Excite 7.7 Install

CoverMess - Cool Flash Covers

FlashFlex - Flash Components for your skinning pleasure

Mazda Millenia, Road Runner

YouTube - Road Runner, IGO8 PC, Dashcommand OBD, Visteon HD Radio

Comment

I'm looking 2+ mins for cold boot. To caveat this.... I have 8 USB devices through 2 hubs. When I was on the bench I was starting up in about 35 seconds, then I added my mess of USB. I went with the less technical solution to this problem...I just remote start my car a few mins early now if it's been parked for longer than two hours.

I'm really looking forward to see if anyone has anymore ideas to speed up this startup.

Comment

Originally posted by santiman717 View Post
                  I'm looking 2+ mins for cold boot. To caveat this.... I have 8 USB devices through 2 hubs. When I was on the bench I was starting up in about 35 seconds, then I added my mess of USB. I went with the less technical solution to this problem...I just remote start my car a few mins early now if it's been parked for longer than two hours.

I'm really looking forward to see if anyone has anymore ideas to speed up this startup.
                  i tested the creative problem and that definitely is my problem. Anyway I can initiate it after boot?

Comment

that is the sad part-- there is nothing you can do. other members have tried disabling almost everything in the bios, and also have tried different updates, and nothing seems to work.

i have not found/heard/read of any other solutions other than A: deal with it, or B: get a new sound card.

i didn't feel like dealing with it so i got a different card...
                    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

Comment

well that sucks a big one. I may be changing to some other car now I guess. any recommendations?

Comment

What do you guys think about this one? http://www.startech.com/item/ICUSBAU...ith-SPDIF.aspx

Comment

Working...
                        X