Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stereo only works when the car is stopped!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo only works when the car is stopped!

Ok....I failed today.
    I installed a new sony radio into my 01 galant and it works great, as long as the car is stopped. Once the car starts moving, the radio doesn't work! It turns off and beeps 3 times.
    Any help is appreciated!
    (oh, i didn't have a wiring harness so i connected the wires using a diagram from the internet...)
    Last edited by andruha1123; 02-17-2012, 02:01 AM.
    Free Microsoft Points & Free WoW Time Cards

Does it go off when you remove the handbrake or do you have to start moving first before it cuts off???

Could you maybe upload a copy of the diagram you used?

Comment

Originally posted by Moysie View Post
      Does it go off when you remove the handbrake or do you have to start moving first before it cuts off???

Could you maybe upload a copy of the diagram you used?
      I never use the handbrake. Its like this though, I turn on the car, it works perfectly. Then i shift to D or R and start moving... thats when the radio turns off.

Comment

OK, could you upload the diagram you used to wire up the radio?

Maybe you could get someone to give you a hand and do a few tests.
        Once the car starts moving test to see if you lose the voltage, or if you lose your ground connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Moysie View Post
          OK, could you upload the diagram you used to wire up the radio?

Maybe you could get someone to give you a hand and do a few tests.
          Once the car starts moving test to see if you lose the voltage, or if you lose your ground connection.
          I will upload the diagram later (i will be home in few days)
          but i tried ejecting the cd from the stereo and it worked.

Comment

Does it cut out if you just rev the engine?

Does it cut out with headlights on/off when taking off?

(I assume you are traveling sub sonic?)

Comment

And add to this list does it cut out if you roll forward in neutral...
              openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
              - Always Recruiting Developers -
              Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

it is starting to sound like you are using the wrong remote wire-- some decks will allow for ejecting cd's when they are not getting any power from the remote wire, but still have constant power.

in your car, it might have a wire to tell the radio when the car is in gear(for navigation system?)that you might be using for the turn on lead.
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

if he's able to eject the disc in the HU's state, (when it shuts off in gear), the POWER line of the HU is functional, the ACC one is wired wrong, disconnect it and attach it to the same line as the POWER line as a test, if it remains on no matter what gear, dont connect back to that wire, instead, find the proper wire and use that...
                  http://www.mp3car.com/members/tracke...ivic-2007.html for Car Pics!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

Originally posted by andruha1123 View Post
                    Ok....I failed today.
                    I installed a new sony radio into my 01 galant and it works great, as long as the car is stopped. Once the car starts moving, the radio doesn't work! It turns off and beeps 3 times.
                    Any help is appreciated!
                    (oh, i didn't have a wiring harness so i connected the wires using a diagram from the internet...)
                    Wondering how or if you resolved this, was is the wrong wire? I ask b/c I have exactly the same problem and I'm totally confused by it, I drive an 02 Galant & I also used a Sony deck got it all wired up and sat in the car all happy listening to it & then as soon as I go to move it shuts off, then comes back on at stop signs and red lights. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Twiztid View Post
                      Wondering how or if you resolved this, was is the wrong wire? I ask b/c I have exactly the same problem and I'm totally confused by it, I drive an 02 Galant & I also used a Sony deck got it all wired up and sat in the car all happy listening to it & then as soon as I go to move it shuts off, then comes back on at stop signs and red lights. Thanks
                      Yes, the diagram I download of the internet was incorrect. I then found another one that showed that I connected one of the wires (can't remember what it was) incorrectly. Check your wiring again.

Comment

Thanks I did find the correct wiring

Comment

Working...
                        X