PCI Card with just TV outs (2)???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI Card with just TV outs (2)???

I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a PCI Card with just TV outs (hopefully 2). I would like to keep my current AGP card but still distribute video signals to 2 headrest monitors. Any suggestions?

Well its not a pci card; though it will let you hook up multiple screens

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=15%2D1172
    - 3+ years & still no carputer!
    - Done collecting parts
    - Currently planning setup

Comment

well I have NO TV-out's on anything on my car comp. I guess it needn't be PCI.. it's just what I had in my head @ the time. Anything really.

Comment

Re: PCI Card with just TV outs (2)???

Originally posted by ddt
        I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a PCI Card with just TV outs (hopefully 2). I would like to keep my current AGP card but still distribute video signals to 2 headrest monitors. Any suggestions?
        usually a rca signal is strong enough to split at least 2 ways. Just buy a splitter, radio shacks..$4
        Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Re: Re: PCI Card with just TV outs (2)???

Originally posted by samc
          usually a rca signal is strong enough to split at least 2 ways. Just buy a splitter, radio shacks..$4
          Originally posted by ddt
          well I have NO TV-out's on anything on my car comp. I guess it needn't be PCI.. it's just what I had in my head @ the time. Anything really.
          What am I supposed to split here? The idea of a TV out?

Comment

oops sorry,

But I do remember a link somewhere on how to add RCA video out from your video card. I cant find it though.
            ..i'll post if I find it again.

Comment

that'd be cool

Comment

If you need TV out and don't want to replace your AGP card, you could look into a cheap ATI video card. I have a xpert2k w/ tv out that cost me like $25. Granted its AGP, but they do make a pci version. Then you could split the rca out. Doing this isn't the best way, as you would now have multiple video cards.

What type of video card are you using right now? And why don't you want to replace it. I could see not replaceing it if it was a new card like a GeForce 4 or ATI Radeon.

Comment

Geforce 4

Comment

Well now i know why you don't want to replace the card.

The only other option is to run dual video cards or find a site that converts the rbg signals to composite. Running dual video cards isn't a very good way to go about it though.

What type of geforce 4 card. Does it use the DVI connector with a adapter to go from lcd to a 15pin connector? Or is it just straight 15pin connector. What other connectors are on the card?

Comment

You can buy a VGA to TV converter at most computer places. It plugs into your VGA port, and outputs composite and/or Svideo, also has pass through for VGA.

Comment

A VGA to RCA converter is called a scan converter. i think that would be the best if you want to have rca in on the lcds, and vga out on the card. theres some old threads on here about scan converters i think.
                        Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
                        Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
                        '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

doesn't scan converters do basically
                          <vga> ~~> s-video and video rca?

then he would loose is vga plug. That would be pointless.
                          dual video cards would be good.

Comment

I just might do that. I have a VGA "Y" Cable. One could go to the scan converter and the other to the VGA screen. Might just work!

Comment

Originally posted by samc
                              doesn't scan converters do basically
                              <vga> ~~> s-video and video rca?

then he would loose is vga plug. That would be pointless.
                              dual video cards would be good.
                              splitter or pass through...think
                              [H]4 Life
                              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X