What PSU will I need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What PSU will I need?

I decided to go with a much beefier setup. A Zotac GF9300 I-E, with a Core to Quad, 8GB Ram, 12 USB ports and what not. Right now I have the OPUS 320, its been good to me, but something tells me it will not be able to power this setup with all 12 USB ports being used and the 95W processor and plus plus. Reason I say this is because I emailed Zotac and they said I may want to upgrade to the 360 PSU, but even if I did I would have to watch out for full throttle pushes. That now has me all scared and wonder what I can do.

What other methods can I use to power my PC? I guess the only way would have to be to use an inverter and a 500 watt PSU? Anyone else have any ideas on what I can do?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

I would suggest using a power supply calculator like this one. What on earth do you do in your car that you will need 8gb of ram for though??

Comment

Did a little research. i think if I can go with the GF9300 G-E (doesnt have all that over clocking stuff) and also go with the Q9550S, I may be ok. The Q9550S is basically the same processor, but does it at only 65W, rather then 95W. I think that would put me into a safe posistion to use the OPUS 320. What do you guys think?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Yea, I tried one and it said I need at least 413 watts. I dont think it is right though. I think what i'll do is get the board and processor and try it. If it works it works, if it doesnt it doesnt. Then I can figure something out.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
        X