What are these Called? Steering Wheel Column USB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these Called? Steering Wheel Column USB

I saw these a few years ago and I can't remember what they are called, I can't find the right term for them so my searches get flooded with playstation garbage.

It was a device that attached to the steering wheel column and looked like a turn signal sticking out, but it controlled the computer.

So if you have a link or a name please let me know

steering wheel column usb -pedals
    steering wheel column usb -playstation
    My Install: 2001 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee (Ubuntu Mobile, Angel Eyes, Flowmaster 40)

I have seen them around, but I don't remember what they are called... I want one too!
    After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
    New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

Something like this:
      http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/SO...ER_p_4629.html

Comment

That looks like it but it was usb, that one looks like it plugs into a sony device or something with a headphone jack, we are getting closer!
        My Install: 2001 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee (Ubuntu Mobile, Angel Eyes, Flowmaster 40)

Comment

There was a thread here where someone installed one, but I can't find it...
          New vehicle, new ideas!

Comment

I thought it was on here, but the post probly just said,

hey look what I found!

instead of

hey look at the cool ____ I found!

so it could be found later on.

Comment

I know what your talking about and I know its not much help, but I'm pretty sure Sony made it

Comment

Well, everything I've found on Google points to getting a stereo control stalk from a car and using the CapPC Joycon to convert it to USB, but there was a tread here somewhere that detailed the install of whatever this thing is called...
                New vehicle, new ideas!

Comment

I found the Sony one. It's the Sony RM-X2S, but you have to make the USB adapter yourself.
                  New vehicle, new ideas!

Comment

Are you guys talking about the Car PC Joycon? Its the little device that allows you use your cars original controls. Here is the link. I know its on MPCar also, but I knew where it was on the CF forums.

http://forums.fluxmedia.net/input-de...-released.html

Maybe you can buy the Sony device and then combine it with the item I linked too.
                    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

That's the adapter. We're talking about the actual stalk that has the controls on it like the Sony RM-X2S
                      New vehicle, new ideas!

Comment

IIRC the stalk was taken off another car and adapted to fit whatever car it was going into. I don't remember seeing any readily available USB control stalk...

Comment

Originally posted by Teebs View Post
                          IIRC the stalk was taken off another car and adapted to fit whatever car it was going into. I don't remember seeing any readily available USB control stalk...
                          I was thinking the same thing, I just can't find the thread it was in!
                          New vehicle, new ideas!

Comment

You could go for Phidgets? http://www.projectone.co.za/shop/ind...roducts_id=196

Comment

Working...
                            X