Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anywhere that sells “custom” cabling for PCs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anywhere that sells “custom” cabling for PCs?

Is there anywhere that sells “custom” cabling for PCs?

I am looking specifically for:
    short ~4” strait to 90* black SATA cables and a male to male black ATX plug.

Are there any custom PC supply stores out there that carry such specific cabling?

I have been looking but the closest I have found is the ATX 20 pin male connectors, but have been unable to find a pre built cable or any short SATA cables with specified criteria.

Any help from someone that knows the modding scene from experience

TIA

Googling "right angle sata cable", the first hit brings:

http://www.satacables.com/html/sata_...e_signal_.html

4" right angle to straight, $2.42

Edit: you said black, those are red, sorry.

Comment

The issue I am having is finding one in that length in black with the correct orientation of the 90*

Unfortunately I have a clear case that is prominently displayed, and the cabling will be front and center, so I thought it would be good to make it as clean as possible.....

Comment

I hate to say it, but you could paint it. The standard color for SATA is red though, like the old IDE cables. I'm sure you can find custom colors... but they're liable to be difficult.
        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
        RevFE
        My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by kross View Post
          Googling "right angle sata cable", the first hit brings:

http://www.satacables.com/html/sata_...e_signal_.html

4" right angle to straight, $2.42

Edit: you said black, those are red, sorry.
          But they do have black on that site in a 5”...a little long for exactly what I need (there will be a little extra slack and even a droop), but if thats the best that is available...

The closest I have found for the black ATX cabling is an extension from NZXT. But that contains a Female to Male ATX plug as opposed to a Male to Male, which the OPUS PS needs.

While I can build one, I would love to be able to just purchase one and be on my way..

Thanks for the link, I did not come across that place and it has just about every normal SATA cable one could want.

Comment

For the SATA cable, what about the coil pen trick? I think the coiled SATA cable makes the insides of a case look even cooler. As for the ATX cable, I assume you mean the 20/24 pin cable? I'm pretty sure someone on this forum used the pins and manually shortened his cable. Doesn't look like too much work, if it's that important to you.

Cheers,

Kris
            How Much Horsepower Can I have And Still Go To Heaven?

Comment

Good tip about the coiling,that might just work.. Coming here for advice never fails to bring creative solutions to the table.

Yes either 20 or 24 will work for my purpose, but I am taking the hunch that since it is male to male it may be a issue to find just the right cable in black and at the requested length. So it will probably come down to constructing one on my own from parts, I have almost a plugs worth of crimps left from a different project, but was hoping to locate a prebuilt unit just for convenience and time issues.

There is no store that is all encompassing in every area of the PC modding hobby? I was hoping one of the guys that really goes all out on every detail of building a PC from cables to special screws, I have seen some very detailed and meticulous rigs that were very impressive right down to every detail.

I am having trouble finding were one would shop for that kind of meticulous attention to detail, hoping to find the exact parts I require.

Comment

... Could use electric tape to cover the red lol

It's ghetto but it gets the job done >.>

Comment

Here's what I did with my ATX power cable. (click the link for more)

And here's what I did with my SATA cable. (click the link for more)

Not exactly what you are looking for, but perhaps a good alternative.

Ron

Comment

Check out FrozenCPU.com. They sell a lot of custom stuff for gaming PCs.
                    After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
                    New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

Originally posted by RonsRed88 View Post
                      Here's what I did with my ATX power cable. ...Not exactly what you are looking for, but perhaps a good alternative.

Ron
                      I looked through your build thread, good job. Looks like you have a lot of time in to your project, and it looks like you are taking the time to get a very good level of quality.

Comment

Originally posted by freeflashstuff View Post
                        Check out FrozenCPU.com. They sell a lot of custom stuff for gaming PCs.
                        Ya found that place late yesterday, they have some pretty good stuff (those are the kind of stores I am looking for) and if i wanted i could probably get by with their offerings, even though i think i know exactly what i am going to do at this point (which is build a 4" 20 pin black ATX male to male by hand) I would love to find a few really good supply houses that really specialize in the cables plugs and wiring, as i have had many projects in the past that require very specialized specific cabling.

thanks for the lead

Comment

Working...
                        X