No announcement yet.

GPS Tracking

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Tracking

Hi guys I am building a carputer and I wanted the ability to track the car in case it got stolen in real time. I heard of things out there that can be used for laptops but is there anything I can use for my carputer. I would think that same technology used in laptops would work but I don't know what it is called. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You

Search around on the forum a bit. Many users have programmed GPS tracking. They require an internet connection in the car though.
    My Nearly Complete Car:

Micro Control Center... Control Your Car Across the Internet

Website: (It's a work in progress, really. All my projects have taken me from ever really developing it.)

You're thinking about some kind of lojack for laptops. I'm sure there are plenty of 'phone home' programs out there.

You'll only be able to see you laptop's location if you have two things: a GPS device and an internet connection. Check out lambosprit's project for your own personal gps server.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video