H55 chipset in m-ITX form!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H55 chipset in m-ITX form!

kick *** board for carpc's- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-043-_-Product

10 usb ports on back if you dare to use them all, wifi via mini pci and you can run i5 cpu's. now we can encode blurays on the go hahaha. esata for your removable media drives too...

just when i thought my 9300 was good enough...:sigh:

zotac has been kicking out a lot of nice, new boards recently(or maybe i just started paying attention...)
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

your 9300 is better then the on-chip intel hd that comes on the i3 or i5 though. this is just nice because you can have energy efficient 4 core computing with video good enough for hd playback (even though the cpu can do it alone anyway). it does do bit streaming for the audio too i hear.

honestly im torn between this or an ion setup for a toolbox-boombox im planning. the ion is just fast enough for media playback, and would probably allow twice the battery life, but this h55 chipset would allow it to be a gaming box if i wanted.....

Comment

Ah, I've ordered mine, should be with me next week.

Pairing it with an i3 530 and 2x 2gb ram, and Intel G2 X25-M ssd.

Have all the components, except the board - can hardly wait....
        F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

Originally posted by mrbean_phillip View Post
          Ah, I've ordered mine, should be with me next week.

Pairing it with an i3 530 and 2x 2gb ram, and Intel G2 X25-M ssd.

Have all the components, except the board - can hardly wait....
          Think we can get a review of your new setup? Very interested in how this performs (although I have an idea already).

Comment

the i3 is awesome... if you overclock it to 4ghz, it can be fairly amazing. but even at stock, its pretty much an e8400 as far as real world performace is.

Comment

I will do a review once I receive the motherboard

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

I'm slightly confused. From the NewEgg Specs:
                Onboard Video
                Onboard Video Chipset None
                Video Ports DVI
                HDMI 1 x HDMI

I can see the connectors...but what do they actually connect to. Is that the H55 chipset?

VegasGuy

Comment

Heya VG,
                  This board uses Clarkedale processor, i.e on-chip graphics - and yes, H55

Comment

I will do a review once I receive the motherboard
                    Great, looking forward to it.

Comment

Heya VG,
                      This board uses Clarkedale processor, i.e on-chip graphics - and yes, H55
                      HaHa, don't I know you feom somewhere, Beanie? Thanks Mate!

I was looking hard at the new Asus Atom board, but this sure seems nice to me. Guess I'll give it some time for the reviews to pop up and some real-world experience to develop.

Cheers!

VegasGuy

Comment

Hehe - you're a funny man

Hey, I will do a good review on this, let's see how it goes, as my current 9300 WiFi-ITX Zotac has issues with fan-speed control resuming from Hib, and I hope these boys have sorted that on the H55.

Will keep you posted!

Comment

Originally posted by VegasGuy View Post
                          HaHa, don't I know you feom somewhere, Beanie? Thanks Mate!

I was looking hard at the new Asus Atom board, but this sure seems nice to me. Guess I'll give it some time for the reviews to pop up and some real-world experience to develop.

Cheers!

VegasGuy
                          power consumption is the only drawback. if your parts can handle the extra 60w or so, and you dont care about battery runtime, then its not even a question to get the h55 with a real cpu. atoms only shine in battery life

Comment

Phillip, did you get this board from an AU dealer, or did you pick it up from an O/S store?

Just wondering, this might be an interesting upgrade....

Comment

looking forward to a review as well but for HTPC / mediocre gaming...

torn between zotac 9300 with sli or h55 with dedicated GFX card...

Comment

Working...
                              X