Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Do anything with my Alpine setup ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Do anything with my Alpine setup ?

Hi Guys,

My first post . I already have an Alpine MM system in my car with GPS, TV and MP3/CD and a fantastic bit of kit it is too !. What i am wanting to know is if the screen can be used in anyway or adapted for use with a VGA input from a PC/Laptop as when using a composit feed into the screen the results are rubish.

Is it posible to use the Navigation input at all on the Prossesor its self ?

Does anyone have any specs on the Alpine screen them selves like who makes them and can they be modded at all ?

I have a CVA-1006R Multi media Station

Cheers

matt

The composite input isn't that bad. I've got the I806 which is the CD version and I'm running a composite input to AUX1.

I'm using TVTool to fit the picture to the screen properly and it work really well for movies, etc. but I have to agree that it's not too good for text. It's readable on 640 x 480, and you could try setting the windows text to large on 800 x 600.

Overall though I don't think it's that bad.
    Mazda 323F
    Lilliput 7in
    Toshiba Tecra, MapMonkey, DVD, EZ Sync, Roadrunner

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Is there any chance you could email me a few screen shots of text and films ect, so i can see what it will look like ?

mattcony@norcomm.co.uk

Cheers

Matt

Comment

I forgot the important bit in my original post

I have seen one of these on offer at Maplins (Radio Shack) and the specs seem quite good for 39 offer price. What does everyone think - worth a shot so I can try my laptop ??

http://www.averm.co.uk/products/keylight.html

Cheers

Matt

Comment

Working...
        X