X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How small is your MP3 Box?

Hello to everyone!

So how big is your mp3 case (box)?
    Also can you please mention if its PC or non-PC based.
    Let me start... my MP3 box is 9" long and 9" wide with 2.25" high and its PC based.

Its just good to know how small the box can get.

Fosgate

Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
    Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Mine is 13" x 13" x 3" in a store-bought case that holds a standard AT motherboard. DC-DC power supply is inside case, making that the total size of my player. No external power supplies or inverters.

Not too bad...does your case include the power supply fosgate? If so, that's pretty small.

Comment

Mine is 9.7" wide, 10.5" long and 3" high holding these parts:

Baby AT Motherboard
      3.5" HD
      DC-DC power supply
      16*4 LCD
      Keypad controller
      LCD buffer circuit
      2 fans and all connectors etc...

It's a neat fit for everything but it all seems to work together nicely The case is from an old Apple 20Mb external hard disk unit which fits my Baby AT motherboard perfectly and has a metal screen all around.

Are you using a sub standard size motherboard Fosgate as the smallest standard Baby AT motherboard seems to be 23cm (9.1")square?

Comment

Amptron makes an all in one motherboard that is 8.75" square. Built in sound, lan, video, and even a modem!

PM-585B http://www.amptron.com/html/pm585B.html

Comment

Hello to everyone and thanks for the replys.

Meatballman in my MP3 box i have the DC-> DC converter all voltages. 6.5gig 3.5" HD. Video and sound cards pluged in to the motherboard . And all in one case.
          The hard drive has a special shock absorbers made for on 2 rubber spacers.

Thats all...

Fosgate
          Fosgate

Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

Sproggy , yes thats the motherboard im using its about 22cm on 22.5cm.
            However it doesnt have any inbild audio or video.

Fosgate
            Fosgate

Comment

Fosgate...

are you using a riser card to keep your height so low?? If you are do you have a url where i can find one. Also, did you build your dc-dc supply yourself or buy it from somewhere??

regards,
              Aladdin

Comment

My enclosure is 10"x8"x2" in size and contains:

- ATX MB with onboard Audio, SVGA, 2 Serial, 1 Parallel, 1 Game, 2 USB, PS/2 KB and Mouse.

- 3.5" Standard size Hard Disk

- DC-DC switching ATX PSU

- Data acquisition board for monitoring engine, suspension, and other sensors.

- Celeron 500MHz CPU with FAN

--Jason
                http://jump.to/m2pc
                Jason Johnson
                Yorba Linda, California
                http://www.m2pc.com

MPC Phase IV - *** PENDING ***

Comment

Hello there.

Aladdin i had big riser card and i cut it to the size i needed so i could have two cards on it and it wouldnt be higher then 2.25".

I remember i have seen the place where you could be those riser cards. it was a link on one of mp3car sties.

For the DC -> DC i made it my self (i m doing some modifications to it at the moment).
                  It uses fly back regulators which means it can operate with wider input range its stable and really small too.

Fosgate
                  Fosgate

Comment

Fosgate you said that you built your own psu i was wondering if you could publish those schematics to the web for others to build the same unit since it uses fly back regulators. thank you

Comment

Cmiller I surly can... but the problem is i dont have my own site. Do you have one ?

Im currently doing bit of modifications to it but it will hopeful be ready in few days. If you got Protel electronics designer program i could of send you a copy if not i will make a jpg format picture file.

I will let you know when its ready.

P.S most of the parts are posible to get as samples specialy in US for free of charge.
                      Converter specifications are: 12v-1.5amps, 5v-5amps, -12v-0.5amps (or other version up to 2amps @ -12v but more simpler to bild), -5-0.5amps.

Fosgate
                      Fosgate

Comment

Fosgate, yeah once you get a parts list and a .jpeg of the schematic please let us know!

Comment

Fosgate, you can get webspace at mp3car.com and for example have fosgate.mp3car.com as your url. Not to sure if you knew that allready or not, but I hope it helps.

Comment

alany i know about the mp3car.com webpages but i dont really have time at the moment doing any htmling. I guess later when everything 100% ready then i will get on to it.Also im planing to code On-Fly-mp3-encoder which will convert normal cds to mp3s in your car.
                            Well after i finish with all this then i will put my page up.

Fosgate
                            Fosgate

Comment

Why not get the SOYO motherboard?? it is a motherboard that comes with audio, lan, tv out, video...etc all onboard. All it needs is ram and a CPU, socket 370, you could put the entire thing underneath your seat

Just a suggestion

Comment

Working...
                              X