Slim CD to USB2.0 solution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slim CD to USB2.0 solution?

While searching for removable hard drive bays I came acroos a cable that that looks like it converts a slim cd connection directly to usb 2.0. Could somewone more knowledable than me take a look.

http://www.vipower.com/product/CDRom...CD/vp_9024.htm

mike
    91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

Yeah they say the chipset is contained within the cable but their enclosure might have a proprietary connector.

Comment

oh, I was thinking the cable would plug directly into the drive.
      mike
      91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

Comment

The deal is, buy one of their enclosures, then you choose the interface cable you need
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

Where do these guys get the impression that CardBus has a maximum throughput of 3.6MB/sec ??

Cardbus runs on PCI, and has the same throughput of roughly 133MB/s... Methinks they're on crack.
          IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

Originally posted by Telek
            Where do these guys get the impression that CardBus has a maximum throughput of 3.6MB/sec ??

Cardbus runs on PCI, and has the same throughput of roughly 133MB/s... Methinks they're on crack.
            Or a dumbass made the add
            [H]4 Life
            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
            I'm a lesbian too.
            I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
            X