MIniITX without Atom CPU?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIniITX without Atom CPU?

are there any NEW MiniItx motherboards around that do not have built in Atom Cpus with Normal PCI (not express)
    I want something more powerfull..like a normal CPU.. i have a DSATX and i don't care about power much.

I use Intel DG41MJ
    I think it is the only Mini-ITX board with a 775 Socket and PCI slot

I works OK
    I have some issues with the usb slots ( seems like it lacks a little bit power ) which I kinda manage to handle with a powered hub
    But other than that it works really well
    HeadUnit : Car-Pc | Processor : JBL MS-8 | Front Stage : Woofer - Mpyre 65M , Mid - Dayton RS100-4 , Tweeter - Tang-Band Ceramic 25-1719S | Subwoofer : Hertz HX250D | Amps : A/D/S PQ10 , Hifonics Olympus XI , SPL AB03445 | Wiring : Sommer , Neutrik

Comment

what CPU r you using..and what power supply?

Comment

E7500 On M4-ATX
        HeadUnit : Car-Pc | Processor : JBL MS-8 | Front Stage : Woofer - Mpyre 65M , Mid - Dayton RS100-4 , Tweeter - Tang-Band Ceramic 25-1719S | Subwoofer : Hertz HX250D | Amps : A/D/S PQ10 , Hifonics Olympus XI , SPL AB03445 | Wiring : Sommer , Neutrik

Comment

Originally posted by Madboy View Post
          E7500 On M4-ATX
          r u sure it is the only one? unfortunately it has no HDMI and no serial port

Comment

There are two AMD boards that I found right away with your requirement of MiniITX and PCI slot:
            JetWay JNC84-LF
            JetWay JNC81-LF
            "You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller" - Wierd Al

Comment

Originally posted by Nomader View Post
              r u sure it is the only one? unfortunately it has no HDMI and no serial port
              You got a serial port inside ( pinout )
              And why do you need HDMI? you got a DVI on it..

And yeah I was only talking about Intel CPU's ( Not a fan for AMD - for no reason actually )

Comment

You got a serial port inside ( pinout )
                And why do you need HDMI? you got a DVI on it..

And yeah I was only talking about Intel CPU's ( Not a fan for AMD - for no reason actually )
                you r probably right..

are there any cases that support the PCI? or does everyboy use a riser and having the pci card hidden?

Comment

My Car-PC is under the seat
                  So I actually use a Mini-ITX cube case : CFI-A8989

http://www.chyangfun.com/pro04_1_1.asp

If you have the room for it , I really recommend it

Comment

you r probably right..

are there any cases that support the PCI? or does everyboy use a riser and having the pci card hidden?
                    mo-co-so.com has a case with a pci-slot
                    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
                    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
                    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

are there any NEW MiniItx motherboards around that do not have built in Atom Cpus with Normal PCI (not express)
                      I want something more powerfull..like a normal CPU.. i have a DSATX and i don't care about power much.
                      I just ordered a
                      ZOTAC GF9300-I-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
                      from newegg.com. It is supposed to come in Friday. I ordered it because it is one of the newer boards (DEC09) that supports a 755 socket. I had a older core2duo 2.6ghz laying around and some DDR2 ram. It seemed like the best and cheapest option.

*********Just reread the post and see that you are looking for reg PCI slot sorry****************

Comment

Originally posted by tripzero View Post
                        mo-co-so.com has a case with a pci-slot
                        you r right!!!!!i like that case!!!!
                        http://www.mo-co-so.com/ProductDetai...Show=TechSpecs

Comment

My Car-PC is under the seat
                          So I actually use a Mini-ITX cube case : CFI-A8989

http://www.chyangfun.com/pro04_1_1.asp

If you have the room for it , I really recommend it
                          i have a similar cube case + a micro ATX board, in the trunk, i was just looking for something smaller..no way i can squeeze this under the seat

Comment

I wouldn't limit myself with the PCI slot...there are a lot of adapters that you can use if the board has different PCI connections aside from the old 'normal' standard.

Comment

Originally posted by S4Per View Post
                              I wouldn't limit myself with the PCI slot...there are a lot of adapters that you can use if the board has different PCI connections aside from the old 'normal' standard.
                              what do u mean? i haven't found a pci express-pci dapter anywhere..

Comment

Working...
                              X