PCI sound card audio clipping problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI sound card audio clipping problem

I have a 1.6 AMD and a MSI mother board, with 1.5 gig of ram. I am having a random and a repeatable audio clipping or springy sound output when I use a PCI type sound card. I can use a USB sound device, but it has no sub output or line in/mic. I have tried a $12 generic card, two Creative cards, and my latest is by ASUS. I have no conflicts in the device manager ie(yellow ! symbols). I have stopped any unnecessary background programs. When it happens randomly during playback my CPU usage goes from 3% to 7% norm, to around 36%. I can get this problem to repeat every time I change the volume up or down. After I change the volume I get the clipping 5 seconds from the volume change. I also have a 120w power controller, I am not sure if I am getting close to maxing it out. But if I was would it blow the fuse on the power controller board, or just shut down my PC?
    (Charger) Zotac IONX-B-E (Atom sing core) w/ 2gig ram Xenarc 705, M2-ATX, XP, RR&DFX5
    (Mustang) ECS mini-ITX (Atom dual core) w/ 2gig ram, Lilliput 809, M4-ATX, XP, RR&DFX5

A "1.6 AMD" doesn't mean a bloody thing.
    AMD has made so many processors that clock at 1.6ghz from so many different lines, it could mean many things.
    More details are needed about your system.

And if you max out the 120 power controller, you're probably not going to boot, but it depends on the device.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

DarquePervert,
      I will get more specific info on my carputer at lunch. I put this system together about 3 years ago, and only use the car it is in about 8 months of the year. So the info I posted was yes, a little foggy.
      (Charger) Zotac IONX-B-E (Atom sing core) w/ 2gig ram Xenarc 705, M2-ATX, XP, RR&DFX5
      (Mustang) ECS mini-ITX (Atom dual core) w/ 2gig ram, Lilliput 809, M4-ATX, XP, RR&DFX5

Comment

Here are better specs on my system. I have an AMD sempron / palermo 2800+. The motherboard is by MSI model # MS-7142, with VIA K8M400 chipset.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X