Smart Key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Key

Has anyone messed with / hacked into the Mazda smart key system? I would love to integrate some of that into my carputer. I am not sure if Mazda is different to other OEM solutions. I did some google searching and didn't find a darn thing. Here is what I have.

The best forum start place is here but damned if I could find it. I had spent several weeks on the forum before finding it.

If your looking for an easy solution your not going to find one....
    openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
    - Always Recruiting Developers -
    Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

The BMW smartkeys is super nice... With ODB and propper software you can configure the buttons to do pretty much what ever you want to.

And with some thinkering you could for instance do what bes51659 have done. When he press "unlock" on the key fob. The car unlocks, and start to boot the PC if it's not already running.

Comment

Originally posted by justchat_1 View Post
        If your looking for an easy solution your not going to find one....
        Heck, what about this whole thing is easy. I am just looking to get a start on it and see if anyone else has done anything with it.
        The best forum start place is here but damned if I could find it. I had spent several weeks on the forum before finding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crinos View Post
          The BMW smartkeys is super nice... With ODB and propper software you can configure the buttons to do pretty much what ever you want to.

And with some thinkering you could for instance do what bes51659 have done. When he press "unlock" on the key fob. The car unlocks, and start to boot the PC if it's not already running.
          Thanks, that was one of my thoughts. I did come across some BMW forums / threads that had them all hacked up but unfortunately, the system is different than what Mazda uses.

Comment

having your car unlock and turn on the pc would be easy enough..ish...
            just find the wire that pulses and send the 12V to the door locks and with a relay and a diode or 2 you should be able to do it that way.

only problem would be if you dash out to your car to get something quickly, unlock it, then you have to wait for the pc to start so you can shut it down..

I have a boot/trunk release button on my remote which ill use to start the computer from, since i dont have a boot

Comment

That's a cool lookin' key. Looks like you could keep it in your wallet.

Dodge could learn a trick or two from that. My key is irritatingly big.

Comment

Woofnstuff - I have thought about things like that. I am also looking at more features as well, not just the computer start up. Plus, I never use the FOB as it has a prox switch and I just push a button on the door to unlock.

Here are some of the things done with other Mazda smart keys, same year, just not in my model. Not all of these are specific to Mazda, but I have seen various cars that could....

Remote start, lock doors at a certain speed, roll up windows and close sunroof on rain detection, unlock all doors with door button, crack windows at certain temps, shut down car after 120 seconds if key is not detected (car jacking)...

SenatorIvy - the key is just bigger than a CC but I don't keep it in my wallet. It is a cool key as I don't have to pull anything out of my pocket and push anything on it. I just walk up to my door and push a little button on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SenatorIvy View Post
                  That's a cool lookin' key. Looks like you could keep it in your wallet.

Dodge could learn a trick or two from that. My key is irritatingly big.
                  imagine how annoying that would be to not only have to go into your pocket but also into your wallet to get your key out
                  mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                  Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                  Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Well ideally it would work on proximity and have a start button like Nissan's do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                      imagine how annoying that would be to not only have to go into your pocket but also into your wallet to get your key out
                      That's why you dont take it out

Both our Toyotas (well 1 Toyota and 1 Lexus) have smart keys. It is awesome. Just walk up to the car and it unlocks, sit down and press start and it goes. Get out of the car, press the lock button on the door handle and walk away. Easy and awesome.
                      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post

Both our Toyotas (well 1 Toyota and 1 Lexus) have smart keys. It is awesome. Just walk up to the car and it unlocks, sit down and press start and it goes. Get out of the car, press the lock button on the door handle and walk away. Easy and awesome.

Exactly!! It's a no brainer with the smart key. I just wish I knew how to hack it / play with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post

How do this work with leather gloves on?
                          Is the current the smartkey send, strong enough to go through body and a second layer of thick skin (the leather).

I live in Norway, and winter times gets freezing cold. Would hate to take my gloves of, just to unlock the car.

Comment

It doesn't work that way at all....its an RFID tag...just sends a short range radio signal so when you stand next to the car it can detect the key and allow you to unlock the doors
                            openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                            - Always Recruiting Developers -
                            Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

The SKS however is induction based on Toyotas. So with the key in detection range, as long as something like your hand is between the handle and car it will unlock.
                              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                              X