MB Recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB Recommendation

I have computers in 7 work trucks and need to start replacing their Jetway J7F2 motherboards.

We use pcmcia cards, DDR2 Ram, M1-ATX ps in the VoomPC Ampie case.

We run Win xp with Outlook 2007. We do not use the computers for anything other than email.

Because they are work vehicles, these computers get put into hibernate mode fifteen times a day. We are also in Florida where conditions are hot.

Which mb would be the most reliable in our situation?

69 views and no responses, I must have missed something. Let me know what other information is needed please,

Comment

If heat is an issue, I'd maybe go with an Atom5x0 board. Or a Zotac ION/Atom 330 which has a big heatsink and fan on the cpu. The m1 should be able to power both.
      Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
      Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
      Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

The Zotac ION 330 boards are grate MB. I have one overclock to 2gb with no problem. This Texas heat is no joke. You might can underclock it too.

But why all this just for email?

Comment

Originally posted by soloxp View Post
          The Zotac ION 330 boards are grate MB. I have one overclock to 2gb with no problem. This Texas heat is no joke. You might can underclock it too.

2GHz?
          Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
          Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
          Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Keep'em coming.

Originally posted by soloxp View Post
            Yes. The emails and tasks feature in Oulook 2007 increases my company's productivity ten fold.

Comment

Working...
            X