After market proximity key system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market proximity key system

i was looking on line for some fun things to add to my car when i redo the interior and actually do the complete build(interior and exterior) but any way i digress. so this is what i found this. you can get it as 3 different levels the first is only the proximity key (get close to the car and the doors open) the second level has a knob that you tweek and it starts the car w/o using the key. the third level(the one im going to be installing) uses push button start. this was just something that was cool that i found that i figured would be good to show to the forum.

I would be a nice add on actually if it works as well as the OEM ones do.
    My 2007 Ford F350 Work Log located HERE

Comment

from what i have heard(buddy of mine in california had it installed) it works good

Comment

This is so cool..... I actually like the idea. Only thing is, can this integrate with other car alarm systems? Currently I am installing one that lowers and closes my windows, has a control range of 1-mile, has engine start/kill, but also has tons of accessory buttons, and tons of security protection. I would love to keep those functions, plus add the auto open, and engine start button feature.
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

where did you buy this from and how much was it for each level

Comment

Originally posted by NightJumper View Post
            where did you buy this from and how much was it for each level
            +1

i have considered building my own proximity system in the past using something like radio shacks rfid demo kit-- the range was the biggest issue.

depending on how much it is, and where i can get one, i might be very interested in it--my current alarm key fobs cost to much to replace...
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Sounds like an awesome product.. maybe i should show it to MP3car and see if they can get one in.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

It's kind of a weird web site - I clicked on "contact us", the back to "products", and the prices showed up, as well as the ability to purchase.

Comment

Website seems a bit sketchy, but hopefully the product works. Would be a great demo for AFKfest next month.

Comment

Hmm, that is wierd... It looks like that is a little more then I had in mind for cost...
                    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

Comment

wow that is expensive, a couple different ones ive come across are the Sombra K9 google it or ebay for something like their level 1 item, or go to Advancedkeys.com found them and they are the same for around 300 i think. I ordered one of the sombra K9s to play with to see what its like if anyone is interested when i get it can give info on it

Comment

WAY too expensive for what it is and what it does.
                        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I found one after looking at the link in the OP.
                          http://www.auto-hub.com/stardrive_pu..._ignition.html
                          It's cheaper.
                          I might buy the "lite" version, I already have a remote start.

Comment

OMG can you guys post the price and save me the trip, lol.... I was also looking at this one called StarDrive. It goes for 295.00 if you get it with out the security aspect. I am eyeing that one because the security system I want is way better then these. i just want the auto open feature and push button.

http://www.auto-hub.com/stardrive_pu..._ignition.html

Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                            4X MK808b
                            3x Perixx Touchpads
                            3x 7 inch Screens
                            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

from the ever-lock site they range from 650 to 900 depending on what you want with the proximity system, just the proximity is 650, 800 for a key knob, and 900 for a button, price wise i would go with the one you posted. Advancedkeys.com is 280 for the push start and like 170 for just the proximity and 200 for the key knob. Right now i ordered a Sombra K9 which does the proximity and alarm (no push button) for 37 after shipping and taxes (seller was in same state on ebay ) Im looking into installing a push button from scratch but might try and find one of these kits for cheaper if i can, advanced keys has it for 170 so might do that next pay day. I let you know how the K9 is this week should get it either monday or tuesday.

Edit: Forgot about KP Technologies which has just the push button start for 180 as well

Comment

Working...
                              X