CPU Processor and System Temperatures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Processor and System Temperatures

Hey everyone, just wondered what your temperatures are while your systems are running and how they get on hot days. My A/C is broken right now and I have seen my CPU as high as 91 degrees C, but this seems VERY high. I don't have any overtemp protection set in my bios. I plan on checking to make sure my heatsink is attached properly and applying compound if needed.

Originally posted by 1996C1500 View Post
    Hey everyone, just wondered what your temperatures are while your systems are running and how they get on hot days. My A/C is broken right now and I have seen my CPU as high as 91 degrees C, but this seems VERY high. I don't have any overtemp protection set in my bios. I plan on checking to make sure my heatsink is attached properly and applying compound if needed.
    91C is extremely hot. You should do something about that . The Atom's operating range ends at 50C and can live in 70C if it's not running.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Not sure if the atom is the same but usually 100C will trip the CPUs thermal trip...although by that point there may already be damage
      openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
      - Always Recruiting Developers -
      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Working...
      X