XM Sat Radio for your carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM Sat Radio for your carputer

Hey everyone, I just found this link in a press release and thought it might be of some value for people looking to integrate XM in their carputer design.

XM USB Device

- Jeff
    95 Mustang GT Convertible
    87 Mustang GT Convertible
    My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Not a bad deal...Would be pretty slick...
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

Damn you. Now I have to spend $69

Jk. Great find I'll have to pick one up.
      2002 Golf TDI With Phatbox . Blue 87 Supra Needs to go, Grey 89 Targa with stock Radio.

Comment

I have used XM in my brother-in-law's car and it really is great. The computer interface makes it better. Down in that link I posted is a link to the xm page with a demo. Here's the link:
        XM data page with interactive demo

It looks pretty good.

- Jeff
        95 Mustang GT Convertible
        87 Mustang GT Convertible
        My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

I saw this today too, I was just about to post but Jeff beat me to it. This would be a great thing to integrate with a car computer and it also makes it easier to do away with head units completely.

I've had XM in my car for over a year now and it's a pretty nice service.

I sent them an email asking for a programmer's interface.

Comment

Let's you play games and surf the web without restriction, while listening to 100 channels of digital radio

Only 9.99 a month, I wonder how fast it is.
            ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
            Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
            All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
            Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

yea i saw that too but figured it mean restriction due to wasting bandwidth listening to music

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

it doesnt use ANY bandwidth, it doesnt connect to the internet.
                This device doesnt let you surf the web, it is simply a PC satellite radio tuner.
                I assume they were talking about surfing the web without slowing your existing connection or cluttering up your screen. (Referring to PC users)

Comment

i'm just curious, how exactly does xm radio activation work? does it have an acces card or a code or something to make it work?
                  System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

I'm sold, I needs it, my precious
                    [H]4 Life
                    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

Comment

Each XM unit has a code. You have to call them once you get it all hooked up to an antenna and have them activate it in thier system. Then you leave it on for a little while and it picks up the activation signal from the satalite and you are all set.

Comment

Think about the posibilities, you can record what you hear on your pc, then convert it to an mp3 format with nifty FREE programs. Then your music collection will SORE. SCORE. Im as well almost sold.
                        What im curently listening to.
                        My complete carpc setup

Comment

Originally posted by osirisdon
                          Think about the posibilities, you can record what you hear on your pc, then convert it to an mp3 format with nifty FREE programs. Then your music collection will SORE. SCORE. Im as well almost sold.
                          Kind of like Tivo for radio. I like the idea.

Comment

wish i could use XM radio but i cant find a need for it...i mean with gigs of mp3's i wouldnt have a needbut it would be nice for maybe talk radio on long trips but then again i plan to be watching dvd's haha
                            but hey for the cool factor i may have to eventually get one,,,guess i need to get my carputer installed 1st

Comment

Originally posted by osirisdon
                              Not only that, but you could write some software to look for the songs you want to record, then automatically record them once they come on, rip them to mp3, and fill in the ID3 tags.... that would be epic.

Also, adding all of that functionality into media engine would be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X