4-bit LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-bit LCD

Does anyone know of a DOS program or frontend or even a winamp plugin that will work with a 4-bit LCD? Or maybe someone knows where i can find some source code for a 4-bit. From the data sheets I beleive I have figured out how to modify the 8-bit code to make it work corectly..but any confirmation would be appreciated.

try looking for HD44780 controller chip. its an hitachi chip.it is the standard for most of these lcd modules. the specs say you can drive them either in 4 or 8 bit mode. cant remember but i think its hi 4 first clock them in then low 4 bits.. shouldnt be too hard to mod the drivers as long as you can get source code for them....
    Volvo V40 Phase 2 2002. T4 turbo upgrade.... currently no mp3 or carputer..... researching options

Comment

Thats exactly what ive come up with. From what I can derive form the spec sheet(it is an HDD44780 controller chip) what you do is hook the first 4 data lines on the parralel port to the first four lines of the LCD then you just send it the first four bits strobe high send the last 4 bits then strobe high again and that gives you all eight bits. The LCD I have can only be run at 4-bit not 8. I was just looking for some further confirmation that what i got figured from the data sheet was right.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X