Fosgate, vga - tvout experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fosgate, vga - tvout experiment

You were going to experiment with some (i think it was) AMD chips that would enable you to make a vga to tv-out cable.

Just wondering how it was coming along

Hello there mate

Well the company which i ordered the samples (i think it was AnalogDevices, if im not wrong) havent send me anything yet, and it already been more then a month(or may be more, that what i call a service!). So i order another pair of sample and waiting for them to come. As soon as they here i will let you know how it goes ok...

Thanx for asking but.

------------------

Fosgate
    Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
    Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

Perfect, i cannot ask for more then

Comment

hey fosgate, i got the same problem....
        ordered yonks ago and no show.
        i ended up buying an aitech pc to tv converter from a guy on ebay.. (in aust as well) tried it last night and BINGO!!!!!!

there on my tv... windows desktop and winamp.

now to hook it to the 4" lcd and im laughing!! should be only 4 wires. power ,ground, ntsc in and ntsc ground...
        got my digital camera back so will take a few pics and will be setting up a web page.
        Volvo V40 Phase 2 2002. T4 turbo upgrade.... currently no mp3 or carputer..... researching options

Comment

Stud mate, where did you get your LCD screen?
          and how much did it cost you ?
          They very expensive here in Australia...

------------------

Fosgate
          Fosgate

Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

australia sucks for cheap stuff
            owell
            we will all survive

fosgate i lost ya icq # could ya icq me plz

cheers all
            pcman

im currently browsing the aussie auction sites as my brother managed to blow the m/b in my player

donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

Comment

gys, i used ebay, ticked available in aust and did a search for lcd......

i won an auction for a 4" sharp lcd intended for a garmin gps car system. the guy i got it from said he had a few and did i want more than one..... ;-)) that was a while ago now though.
              all up inc shipping cost me AU$75 ;-))

takes ntsc direct or rgb and comp sync...
              Volvo V40 Phase 2 2002. T4 turbo upgrade.... currently no mp3 or carputer..... researching options

Comment

Stud you know how we can get in contact with that guy ?
                May be he got some left

thanx man?
                And whats your ICQ Stud?
                if you dont want to post it here email me at my address ... thanx again

------------------

Fosgate
                Fosgate

Comment

fosgate: here is the guys email [email protected]
                  hope it helps...
                  mine was US$47 + shipping.....
                  gotta love those auctions ;-))
                  btw icq is 4503755
                  here is my first atempt at a web site ;-)) ive put in a request for mp3car hosting to... http://users.bigpond.net.au/mp3in180sx/

Comment

Hey guys...
                    did anyone end up getting the sampales from the http://www.analog.com ?
                    I order another two samples a months ago but still nothing! What sort of business are they running??

------------------

Fosgate
                    Fosgate

Comment

Fosgate : Yup i got the samples ... they even sent it buy TNT (why use normal mail when is easier and costs less ??) so they tried to deliver while i was away and i had to go and get the stuff myself ...

Anyways i have actually been thinking about trying to lure a few more out of them and ship them to you, but its going to be a pain in the *ss, because the only make these insane deliveries.

Btw a chip smaller than one cubic centimeter, fits so nicely into a box 50 cm's long, 15 cm wide and 8 cm heigh ... it might get injured you know

Comment

Thanx for the reply darkwingduck.

I order another two yesterday and this time i will track it down to make sure it gets here. I already send them an email so they can confim the shipping of that sample.

Also i heard that it might be a problem to find special ( for every video card chip)utility which can change the HSYNC and VSYNC so it can generate NTSC or PAL signal. i know that matrix and S3 have them but what about the order video cards, say Trident and other... This is a problem in Windows 9x... i think there are some general TSR for DOS which can do this. but they dont work under windows...
                        So what you think ? how can we over come this problem?

------------------

Fosgate
                        Fosgate

Comment

fosgate.. syncshouldnt be a problem. vsync can be set to 60 , and standard svga hsync is twice pal tv sync, so a simple div 2 will fix that. problem is in interlacing rgb output..not quite sure what will be seen on screen if you feed direct rgb and modified csync ( xor the hsync and vsync)... even with the chip it may not be that easy ;-((
                          which is why i got the converter when i could ;-) those cables in the states are $50 so that is $100 aud plus shipping ;-(( could you fit a card with tv out in your case ??

Comment

Working...
                          X