No announcement yet.

Directed DMHD-1000 setup help

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directed DMHD-1000 setup help

hi, I have an Directed DMHD-1000 HD Radio. I connected the radio to (constant, ign, ground) and to antenna in. It doesnt turn on, does anyone know if I am missing something?

My CarPc Blog (<This is outdated. I have updated to a fully running Carpc System)

Okay, any more specific info?

Do you have the Directed display module? Is there a harness that came with it, or did you wire it up yourself? If you don't have the little display/control box, you need to use the Serial Port cable that MitchJS provides (or make your own, or whatever). That's what tells the unit to turn on.

Some more info will probably help get the correct answer to your problem. Be as specific as possible as to settings and wiring and stuff.

How Much Horsepower Can I have And Still Go To Heaven?

This is an brand new or like-new unit. It comes with all the wiring with the control module. I tried pushing and holding the power button on the control unit and does not power on. I also tried the remote and no power. I checked the (constant, ign, ground) they have power and proper ground.
      My CarPc Blog (<This is outdated. I have updated to a fully running Carpc System)

check the 2 fuses...the one inline with the red cable and the other inside the small black box inline with the yellow cable

Make sure there are no bent pins on the DIN cable.
          Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) -