Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help finding 2 DIN VGA screen with options.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding 2 DIN VGA screen with options.

I need some help finding a 2 DIN VGA screen. This will be my second car PC install so I'm kind of know what to look for but I'm having trouble sorting out all the crap I find thats not a VGA screen for a computer.

I'm looking for something to replace the old tape deck radio thats in my Insight. I want a 2 DIN VGA screen that has a built in amplifier ( AM/FM radio optional ) and reverse video. I would also like bluetooth for my cell phone so I can use it hands free. I would like this feature built in but if there is a better external option I'll go with that.

I don't want a computer integrated into the 2 DIN unit but I would consider it if there are no other options. Having a built in amplifier is a must because I want to replace the tape deck radio thats currently in the car.

The screen for your PC is just that - A screen.
    It displays the video output from the PC, and possibly touch control.
    The PC would handle the bluetooth connection.
    The amp handles audio amplification.

There are 2-DIN screens out there that have amplifiers, but they are expensive and of suspect build quality. I wouldn't expect any recommendations of these products.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

what darque said. i would recommend getting a screen that uses the bybyte double din kit, and then adding a external amp.

if space/size is a issue, look on ebay for motorcycle amps-- they are usually about the size of a dollar bill for 2 ch models(so they could be placed behind the screen in the dash), and most members that have used them here say that they are at least as good or better then the factory deck it replaced.
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

If I used an external AMP how will I control the audio volume? Would I have to control it through software on the PC? This is something I dont want to do. I would like to have a volume knob for easy quick adjustments. Preferably somewhere around the screen or even some kind of steering wheel control if someone makes and aftermarket product for that.

What would be nice is to be able to have the radio on but the PC off.

Comment

Volume knob can be had in a headunit or an equalizer.
          I'm using the second option and am rather pleased.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

there are tons of options.

personally, i hate using Windows to control the volume-- i try to be courteous, and turn down my blaring music at stoplights, and windows/rr is too slow for that.

i use multiple jl audio cl-rlc preamp/volume controllers(there is a review in the appropriate section), but there are also 'dumb' volume controls that only allow you to control the volume-- check sonic electronix-- they have a couple of different options..

also, some aftermarket car audio amps have add-on volume knobs that can be extended to the dash-- jl's expensive HD series amps are some of them..
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
            X