Long (36") rounded IDE cable.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long (36") rounded IDE cable.

Does anyone know where I can get a 36" rounded IDE cable for a SINGLE DEVICE ?

I have seen quite a few for dual devices but I would rather just have the single.

Thanks!

umm... make one....

Comment

You define my reasoning for being pro choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
        You define my reasoning for being pro choice.
        Good one! I looked for along time and never found one! Always 2 devices!

Comment

ddt,

It will be difficult to find a pre-man 36" single round cable... I will check with our purchasing agent at work and get back to you.

In the mean time, you do have a couple of "manual" options which you may or may not know about:
          - You can purchase a 36" round with three (e.g. here) connectors and remove the middle "secondary" connector and do you own cosmetic repair job for the missing casing OR

- You can purchase a flat 36" with three connectors (e.g. here ) and remove the middle "secondary" connector and make your own custom round cable. We have done it many, many times by running a razor blade down every 6th or 7th wire, then bundling the wire in the casing of your choice. E.g. Shrink tubing, Flexible Conduit, etc...
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Chkdsk
          Shuttle ST62K, 80Gb, MediaEngine, Irman, Wireless NIC, Win2K, Blah Blah Blah...

Comment

Originally posted by chkdsk

In the mean time, you do have a couple of "manual" options which you may or may not know about:
            - You can purchase a 36" round with three (e.g. here) connectors and remove the middle "secondary" connector and do you own cosmetic repair job for the missing casing OR
            That's it! I didn't think about how easy that'd be. I'm not quite sure what I'd do about the missing section though. I was thinking heat shrink tubing of the same color, but don't know if I can get some to shrink up that far (with the ability to get it over the IDE connector, or if I could get some smaller tubing stretched over the IDE connector that's shrink to the right size.

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
              I'm not quite sure what I'd do about the missing section though.
              Actually - to be honest, when we have done this exact same thing, all we used was some colorful electrical tape to give it an "accent" color and it looked great. Nice and simple...

Good luck!!!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Chkdsk
              Shuttle ST62K, 80Gb, MediaEngine, Irman, Wireless NIC, Win2K, Blah Blah Blah...

Comment

Hey DDT

is this it: http://www.indypc.com/store.asp?id=1..._Cables&page=1
                http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

could always get a pair of 40 pin connectors, some cat 5 (or suitible subsitute) and wire it up... if you really want it to be one cable.. you could remove the jacket and get some shrink tubing
                  aka Kumaneko
                  "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
                  Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
                  mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
                  Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww
                    Hey DDT

is this it: http://www.indypc.com/store.asp?id=1..._Cables&page=1
                    It sure is! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X