anyone know of a tiny flash drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know of a tiny flash drive

Anyone know of a good very tiny flash drive? I have seen the kingston mini slim flash drive, but its thin but still some what long. I don't need it to be thing, but the length has to be as small as possible.

Could get a MicroSD to usb adapter, and just use a MicroSD card, those adapters are pretty small.

I've seen an extremely small flash drive that was basically built into the USB connector, I'll try to locate it. No idea on the quality though.

How small we talking here? What's the reason behind it?
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

Comment

Well, I'm trying to custom make a usb port in my ashtray and basically connect a tiny flash drive that has all my my music. I can really use a microsd because i dont have a sd card reader in my card. I would rather have a flash drive, so i can connect that to any computer.

Comment

C'mon man... microSD to usb adapter... not MicroSD to card reader. Let me find you a link.

EDIT: http://www.techfresh.net/elecoms-lat...b-card-reader/
        Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

This one is what you should get !

http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=11546

Comment

Oooooh, that's like what I was looking for, but it's not some cheap chinese knockoff from deals extreme!

I like that... I may have to get one and check it out.
            Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

I've seen smaller on eBay. I'll go search around and post back if/when I find one.
              After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
              New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

Choice #1: Buffalo Micro 8GB: $25
                Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 8 mm

Choice #2: EagleTec Nano 8GB: $27
                Dimensions:19.4 x 15.4 x 6 mm

I have a friend who uses the EagleTec Nano on his stereo that has a USB port. You can't even tell it's there. Plus, it sits flush with the bezel on his stereo, so it blends nicely. The choice is yours. They're both smaller than the Lacie that was linked to.
                After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
                New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

I like my little Sandisk micro SD readers - $10 for USB reader and a mini-SD cassette (converter).
                  Once piece (no caps), stringable, and no sharps.

Comment

Originally posted by freeflashstuff View Post
                    Choice #1: Buffalo Micro 8GB: $25
                    Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 8 mm

Choice #2: EagleTec Nano 8GB: $27
                    Dimensions:19.4 x 15.4 x 6 mm

I have a friend who uses the EagleTec Nano on his stereo that has a USB port. You can't even tell it's there. Plus, it sits flush with the bezel on his stereo, so it blends nicely. The choice is yours. They're both smaller than the Lacie that was linked to.
                    mines half the size of those.
                    i don't even have the metal around mine, but its from korea, haven't seen it sold here

Comment

i have this- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-047-_-Product

its the best usb drive ive ever had. its really fast, and its really small. it wont break either.

Comment

I still like mine - it's about the same size as newegg's (its largest dims are 32x16x7 (1.25x5/8x1/4") - see pic in my previous reply above), but it's a nicer shape to suck on.

But the best thing is that it is a uSD-card reader - change its 15x10x.5 (5/8x3/8x.02") uSD with whatever capacity you want.

A have a few lying around (glovebox, bag, pc drawer, camera bag) for the many uSDs I now use (GPS, cameras, USB-sticks etc) including backups. (I got a few USB stick-stick copiers for $2 each.)

Comment

Working...
                        X