Unknown Amp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Amp

Can someone please help me identify this amplifier. The name of the company is to far degraded to read. The only markings visible are 103ZX and 120 Watts

looks like it says Mobile Authority, i think it is a bargain bin amp-- if it was at a garage sale, i would probably pay about $5 for it..

i wouldn't rely on it for car audio, but you could make some interesting mp3 player speakers with it..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Thanks,
      I still can't find manuals but, I'll keep googling. This thing has some odd inputs.

Comment

i googled the name a little and i couldn't find much more then 1-2 other similarly branded amps..

maybe post some pics of the inputs/outputs?

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

It has left/right rca connections as well as four wires that are labeled right+ right- left+ left-. I find this odd since it appears to be only a 2.0 amp. It could be a 2.1 with a cross over. The rca connectors could be a sub output. The 4 screw terminal block has to be left +/- right+/- .

Comment

in some respects, i kind of like these cheap amps-- esp for connections, they make it simple...

everything on the RCA jack side are inputs-- for both audio and power.

the screw terminals on the other side are the outputs--it is only a 2 ch amp.

the wires on the RCA side labeled right/left, +/- should be high level inputs.

i can see the fused constant power input, and there should also be a remote, or ign wire, and ground wire.

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Wow thanks
              I've never had an amp so I'm not familiar with their characteristics. I have other amps lying around here but, I think I'll use this one since I can easily fit it in my dash.

Comment

yeah, nothing unusual here
                TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
                BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
                BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Working...
                X