Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which harness to use for Ford Focus 2006? Advanced/Standard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which harness to use for Ford Focus 2006? Advanced/Standard?

Hi,

I just bought one of the all-in-one Chinese 7" 2 Din unit thingos. Just wondering if I will need a standard ISO harness for my car or one of those advanced ones? (I think they have RCA connectors but not sure). The unit comes with both the standard ISO and RCA connectors so I'm not sure which one to use.

Thanks,
    Sam

I expect it's this

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207055...e-Harness.html
    My 2007 Ford F350 Work Log located HERE

Comment

Yeah I have been looking at similar ones to that but I would rather not do the wiring/soldering. Maby something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-stereo-I...item3cb12232a4

Comment

You will need to connect all the wires from the harness for your vehicle to all the wires from your headunit.
        If you have issues connecting wires together, you might consider having a professional install your gear.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Yeah which is why I was thinking about going for the second option. The unit comes with an ISO harness so it should just plug right in yeah?

Comment

there is no standard connection type in car audio. every manufacturer uses their own style of connectors, so you must connect the wires together from the adapter harnesses to get the correct configuration for your purpose.
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Ah ok fair enough. Do you suggest just wiring the two directly together to crimp some sort of connector on?

Comment

Sorry but I don't quite understand.

I do realise that each car manufacturer have their own wiring but I thought these wiring harness adaptor converts this into a standard male/female plug that can be plugged into another unit using the same standard male/female plug?

Comment

the ford-specific connector in your car should be completely different from the chinese unit's connector...

you should be able to get a adapter cable for the ford harness+ connector, and the chinese unit should include connector with the wires hanging off it-- you would need to connect those 2 harnesses together.

butt connectors are common for this-- just make sure to fully crimp them so they don't fall apart later on. otherwise, i prefer to solder my wire connections.
                  My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                  "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                  carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by sam0433450 View Post
                    Sorry but I don't quite understand.

I do realise that each car manufacturer have their own wiring but I thought these wiring harness adaptor converts this into a standard male/female plug that can be plugged into another unit using the same standard male/female plug?
                    I get what your saying and yes, some companies do the work for you and sell for example a Ford harness already mated to a Pioneer harness but I doubt your going to find one for your puter as stated by Soundman.

Also, no offense, but maybe Darque is right: if you are that relucant to do one of the most basic functions of upgrading any radio in a vehicle, should be messing with it at all?

Maybe paying someone is the right way for you to go. If you have friends that do this stuff, beer can go a long way to getting help just wait until it's in and working before offering too much!

Comment

Why not take a quick pic of your Ford wiring harness, then just take the new head unit wiring connector unit to your local auto store (Pep Boys, Strauss, AutoZone, National Auto, etc) or even Best Buy. Look for the OEM style wiring harness, compare it to your pic and then read the wiring diagram of one at the store..

That should ensure you are buying the right connector as well as understand what the connections are going to be (those are pretty standard though.. speakers, ground, battery power, starter power, power antennae and possibly an illumination line to control brightness of the display).

Comment

Lol yeah I don't mind having to wire it but if there is a plug to convert it I would rather do that :P

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG View Post
                          So this is 2 separate harnesses. Just wondering what the smaller one is for?

Comment

The crutchfield link shown has an error. I did a quick search on the site for a 2006 Ford Focus and saw a pic for a single wire harness. Pics on these sites are not always exactly what the product looks like. If a harness comes in 2, most of the time it just means they split the power from the speaker leads.. No biggie.

The most important thing here is to make sure you have the correct harness and make your connections as directed.

Comment

The above link is if you have the factory sub woofer, (I should have mentioned that)

This link is without factory sub:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207055...e-Harness.html

Comment

Working...
                              X