No announcement yet.

mybimmer.net / Rich Silva Bezel - BEWARE!!! Bad product Bad service and support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mybimmer.net / Rich Silva Bezel - BEWARE!!! Bad product Bad service and support

Hello all,
    I have been the owner of a mybimmer.net / Rich Silva Bezel for my Pioneer Avic Z1. Well over time this bezel has drooped at the top into the headunits screen area. Please understand this car is ALWAYS garaged and is barely driven, so it doesnt get abused or exposed to heat or anything. It is pretty sad to see something like this. I have tried little things to fix it to no avail. I have tried also contacting Rich Silva at mybimmer.net many times now and he will not respond to me or do anything to correct this defect. He obviously doesnt care (amazing how he cared when he was selling it and going to make $200). That in my opinion is bad customer service and bad customer support for a defective product he is trying to pawn off on people who really appreciate their cars. (I probably would have had better results from a Walmart brand bezel).

I think this bezel is a wasted 200 dollars, and I would STRONGLY advise people to not get one.

Now I am working on trying to get one made by Janus for my car. I am sure they are better, if anything they are working on a deal for me because of the issues I have had with this one and they respond to every email promptly

Take it from someone who has spent alot of money on their car wanting all the right parts and the best parts - DO NOT BUY FROM Rich Silva.

Take a look:

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...25a823b5fe.jpg

Well I have an E36 bezel from Rich and have to say it has been flawless for me.

TBH that does look like a heat issue, whether from the sun, general heat build up in the car or more likely heat from the air vents just above.

Now Rich is a one man bespoke operation, so he can't have done the long term testing that big manufacturers can to test their products and materials in all conditions.

However surprised with the lack of commmunication as he has always been helpful and contactable to me.

it would be interesting to hear from other E46 users who have either mybimmer or janus bezels about how theirs have stood the test of time and enviroment.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
      Well I have an E36 bezel from Rich and have to say it has been flawless for me.
      Enforcer, i am glad that all worked out for you, but you would think that if all his bezel didnt have any issues that when one does, he would step up to the plate. He hasnt.
      communication has been terrible if none at all. After emailing and calling him a number of times he wont return any answers. again bad customer service.

TBH that does look like a heat issue, whether from the sun, general heat build up in the car or more likely heat from the air vents just above.
      Again as i stated in the original post, the car is garaged year round. it doesnt sit in the heat at all. windows are also tinted. then consider that I live in the south where there is no reason for me to ever put my heat on (i drive with the a/c on all year around)...... So again, this is not a heat issue. But even if it was, dont you think that he would at least make it a point to replace or repair the item due to a defect in it not being able to withstand the heat?

Now Rich is a one man bespoke operation, so he can't have done the long term testing that big manufacturers can to test their products and materials in all conditions.
      Really that is no excuse. I mean he is charging a high price tag for this bezel, and it should be able to withstand conditions. I am sure he is some kind of stereo person who has been doing this for years before he embarked on this crusade, so I am sure he knows what he is doing.

However surprised with the lack of commmunication as he has always been helpful and contactable to me.
      Exactly. he was really quick to respond to take my money but now that his overpriced product is warping and all defective, he wont step up to the plate and give the support or service needed. again, i paid 200 for this item and it is obviously defective (since by your own admittance your bezel is working fine) and he has done nothing to replace or repair this item. In fact I have gotten maybe one email from him and he didnt ask or say anything to try to fix this issue, and since then he hasnt bothered responding to my numerous emails. again bad customer service

it would be interesting to hear from other E46 users who have either mybimmer or janus bezels about how theirs have stood the test of time and enviroment.
      again it isnt about the one product that stands the test of time, it is about the one product that is made poorly and customer service is non-existant. this is the equivalent of buying a BMW and after a year you notice the engine is going bad, so you take it in and they wont do anything about it. they wont honor the warranty of the work or anything, and in fact wont talk to you after they find out you have a problem. Not right huh?
      sure this is a car stereo bezel, but do you really not see how 200 bucks is an exorbant amount of money for it? I mean what is it? 20 dollars worth of material? Even still it all boils down to his lack of customer respect, lack of customer service, and his lack support for replacement or repair on his product.

Comment

I gotta say, while I don't have the issues the OP had with the bezel, the fit is definetly warped. It sticks out a few mm on the sides and on the bottom its probably more like 10mm. I tried to get it returned as well but Rich disappeared on me, stopped answering my phone calls as well ( he is local to me and I would of went to pick the new piece up in person).

Comment

Ces,
          did you ever get the situation solved because he has ignored any attempted to make this right?

Comment

Working...
          X