Zotac ionitx-f-e

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zotac ionitx-f-e

Could you please comment this MB/CPU for CarPC use? Any issues in the past?

ZOTAC IONITX-F-E Intel Atom 330 (1.6GHz, dual-core) NVIDIA ION Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

I JUST saw this thing today. I'm going with that. I won't have any first-hand reports for a few months though.
    Pros:
    1-mini ITX form factor
    2-has all hardware for carPC
    3-no OS pre-installed (don't pay for what you don't need)
    4-you can select RAM and HDD
    5-can fit under the seat
    6-cheap!
    7-low power

Cons:
    1-unsure on voltage
    2-some ports may need to be extended/relocated
    3-doesn't seem very expandable

-Ryven

via iPhone

Comment

These have just been released but don't appear to be on shelves yet, I'd wait for them though.
      http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/h...x-motherboards

Comment

I saw one available at a PC repair place I went to looking for a power cable for my PS3's blu-ray drive. There is also a Lenovo model that is VERY similar but comes with ram, hdd, windows and for a little more money: that awesome little keyboard/trackball thing.

-Ryven

via iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsteenster View Post
          These have just been released but don't appear to be on shelves yet, I'd wait for them though.
          http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/h...x-motherboards
          Yes, but I remember the first zotac models had lots of bugs. Check the avsforums, they are widely used in HTPC setups. Bugs on USB ports, resume from hibernation, fan non starting, etc. AFAIK some or all bugs in the early series were fixed later, but that was with another gnu/north bridge. Just something to be aware.
          Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
          Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

That's a shame, I hope they get them sorted out. I was thinking of using one in my CarPC and recommending one to my sister to better her HTPC.

Comment

I've had the ZOTAC IONITX-F-E in my car for well over 8 months now and it preforms flawlessly. the ONLY problem I've had with it was the range of the included wireless card is pretty weak, but you can swap it out or add a better antenna, or add a usb wnic
              MobileThree: in car - Zotac Atom/ION - linuxICE 2.0.2
              --worklog--

Comment

I'm interested to buy this MB too ... but heard so many USB issues ..I'm gonna use a M2-atx with it but I ain't sure yet because I don't want to spend on 2-3 Power supply or 2-3 motherboard because my first setup is not compatible/full of bugs
                + i want my carputer for more than 6 months At least 2 years .. working.

Comment

Working...
                X