No announcement yet.

Fusion Brain Factory Buttons.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Brain Factory Buttons.

So most of my setup was originally done by a mate of mine.. As you can see in the pics he wired one of the Xenarc screen buttons into my factory switch panel (I think it's power. To be honest I forgot he did it and never used the button).

I'm wanting to wire the rest of the buttons to my FusionBrain so I can use them for random functions.

Can anyone venture to guess what the button puts out and how I would wire it to the FB? Not exactly my strong suit.

Cheers guys.

---------- Post added 02-17-2011 at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-16-2011 at 10:51 PM ----------

Ok so after thinking about it a bit.. The factory NAV button you see below isn't powered. So obviouslly a button press is just opening/closing the circuit. If my understanding is correct the FusionBrain needs to see SOME voltage to do anything. So I'm guessing I would have to wire a 5v power source through the button so the FB see's it.

Could I use the digital out on the FB as a 5V source then back into the Analogue Input?

Is my thinking here correct or should I lay off the grog?

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

So.. More reading.. Looks like I can actually get 5V from the Analog Inputs. So all I should have to do is wire the button up to an Analogue Input. + to +, - to -. Then the button will make the circuit sending the keystroke?

Just hoping to get confirmation from someone that actually knows and isn't just guessing like me.

Man this forum is dead compared to the old days.

Chris at mo-co-so would probably know. Shoot him an email.
      1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Hope I am not to late. Looks like we are working on the same thing, I have a 350z with the same or similar nav board. Check out PCJoyCON in the MP3Car store. Not sure if FB will do the job, but this definately will. I also have a FB and could not figure out how you would turn the signal into keystrokes. After speaking with the developer of PCJoyCON this board seems designed for such a purpose. You get a 6 button board included. I am going to run those micro switches to the board and that should be it. Make sure you get the EXR version, that is the latest.

And yes I totally agree with your comment about forum activity.
        2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
        Sound Stage