Timed kill / timed 12v off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timed kill / timed 12v off

Im wanting to build something that will kill 12v 1 minute after the key is turned on, but also be able to have an override button/switch to allow 12v continuous with key.

In this instance to kill 12v to my coil or fuel pump after 1 minute to make the crooks think car broke down.

Before the flames begin like another forum i asked in, yes its an old car, no i dont have to worry about ECU/ECM etc... Yes i know there are other alarms that are on the market i dont want to use them, thanks.

Oh and google searches seems like something like this might be used??
    http://www.apogeekits.com/start_stop_timer_k2579.htm

They make timed relays that will do what you want.

However this has nothing to do with CarPC's, and that is what this forum is about...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

why even let them start the car? my parents old suburban had a kill switch in it that would not allow the fuel pump to get power unless you pressed on a flexible area of the dash that had a switch behind it to engage the relay.. because the fuel pump wasn't running, no fuel was getting delivered, and there was no way to get it to start..(this was on a fuel injected truck. for a older carbureted car, you'll need to investigate other methods..) there are plenty of schematics online on how to do this..(it really just requires a latching relay)

now just remember-- if you have a super rare/valuable car, it doesn't matter how many theft prevention things you do, if crooks decide they want your car, it will be gone.
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

+1

It is hard to design against a flat-bed tow truck.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
          +1

It is hard to design against a flat-bed tow truck.
          exactly. sometimes you can get so caught up in designing a top-notch security system, that you forget how easy it is to take the car without having to mess with the security system until they are far, far away...

i have some ideas to prevent a flat-bed robbery, but they involve hiring a security detail, and firearms

in that case though, your better off selling the car, because i don't think either is very cheap..
          Last edited by soundman98; 03-06-2011, 06:07 PM.
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

ive done searches, and there are a few posts about kill switches etc,, and nobody crying about their posts not being computer related.....

Security systems?
            Think about it, a crook is less likely to tear your ride up if the car starts and drives, then in the middle of traffic etc just dies like it broke.

Comment

Working...
            X