multiple cameras on single screen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple cameras on single screen?

I want to run multiple cameras on my truck and display them on the same screen side by side or one at a time. I have seen setups like these for security systems, but don't know if there is a mobile application. Does anybody know where I can find something that would do what I want.

the component your looking for is called a video multiplexer. you really just need to make sure that your able to power it in-car. if you have enough overhead on your psu, you could use either 5v, or 12v models, but make sure to use some sort of voltage regulation to get a long life out of it.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

I picked up a couple of these for just that purpose, it is very easy on the system resources, usb give 30 fps on each camera and a 1,2 or 4 window display for cams http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale-easy...878be64e1.html don't order from that link unless you want a 100, lol but thats the unit i use SNO
      Last edited by SNOtwistR; 03-13-2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Well it all depends. Are you running this system with the PC or running it as a dedicated setup? I decided to use it seperate so that it turns on instant. It also has a DVR that records all my driving.

In the first version I simply bought a 10.2 screen, then a Digital Quad Color Processor. I then modded it to show 3 screens, right, left and back.

I then decided that I wanted to use the DQCP for something else in the setup so I upgraded the screen to one that has the feature built in.

Here is the link to that screen: http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/S...r--Camera.html
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Cool Rearview monitor...

I bought one from AliExpress that looks just like that one. It has Four video inputs and can display 1,2 or 3 video inputs at a time. The problem i am having with it, it defaults to AV4 / AV2 when the backup wire is activated. It rembers the settings when it's powered on via the power button on the front glass or on the remote, but forgets the settings when enabled by the wire. Does your monitor do the same ? It looks just like mine...

// Per.

Comment

I would love to do the same thing. But 129 bucks is out of my price range. I was thinking i could make blind spot cameras maybe hang the mirrors so what i would put a blinker on it would show that site camera

Comment

Originally posted by zapro View Post
              Cool Rearview monitor...

I bought one from AliExpress that looks just like that one. It has Four video inputs and can display 1,2 or 3 video inputs at a time. The problem i am having with it, it defaults to AV4 / AV2 when the backup wire is activated. It rembers the settings when it's powered on via the power button on the front glass or on the remote, but forgets the settings when enabled by the wire. Does your monitor do the same ? It looks just like mine...

// Per.
              That is why I went with this screen. 4 screens is to much and when I had the DQP before, modding it to always show 3 screens instead of 4 was a mission. I will only ever need 3 screens. Also this screen remembers the settings so it always stays on Tri-mode. Mine did come with a back up wire, but because I always see the rear, I simply never connected it.

Originally posted by themlruts View Post
              I would love to do the same thing. But 129 bucks is out of my price range. I was thinking i could make blind spot cameras maybe hang the mirrors so what i would put a blinker on it would show that site camera
              Well doing everything piece by piece, the screen, the splitter, it will run you more. A DQP (splitter) goes for 60 bucks and up. That style screen without the splitter will cost you 110 bucks. With this screen that I am using, you pay 129 bucks, plus get a free camera. So its well worth the money.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I have the screen I just need the cameras ans the video device

Comment

just connect the camera power wire to the reverse light power at the back then when you put car in reverse the image will show in middle view on that mirror without using the monitor wire.. SNO

Comment

This is my setup:

Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Very cool monitor HiJackZX1. I have bought a couple things from that vendor. How is your vision with the cameras at night? Crazy lens flare or no? What cameras are you using?

Thanks.

Comment

The rear camera is wide angel so it gets all my blind spots. Thing is cars will seem farther away. Im use to it though, so it doesnt bother me. The side cameras have less angel so things look normal size. I havent really installed them though so I cant comment. On the rear camera, because it is high up, headlights do not bother it to much. In the future I hope to buy a FLIR camera to fix that. Sun does not bother the camera.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

HiJackZX1-

Obviously the camera tangent of carputing is especially high up on your list. I would guess you are pretty interested in all the happenings. Perhaps you can give me some more insight. I am thinking 2 nitemax; 1 for each side of the car (only because FLIR is too expensive for 3 cams) + 1 FLIR PathFindIR for the top of the car facing toward the back. Any thoughts on specific models, recommendations toward other ir cams, or a vote of confidence for the nitemax..
                          or have you hear of anyone retrofitting OEM components from BMW for other cars...? I would guess they have it tied to some proprietary interfaces etc to make it difficult. Thoughts? ideas? Post or PM is cool...

Anyone else? Can both devices easily have out converted for normal video with RCA jacks; especially the FLIR...

Appreciated..

J

Comment

Simply create both cameras, and then - for example - a side-by-side view (split screen vertical) could be achieved by setting:

Left Camera - Normalized View Port Rect:

* X : 0
                            * Y : 0
                            * Width : 0.5
                            * Height : 1

Right Camera - Normalized View Port Rect:

* X : 0.5
                            * Y : 0
                            * Width 0.5
                            * Height 1

Thanks,

Canon Waterproof Camera I Best Waterproof Camera