Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone swivel mount

Hi,

Basically I'm thinking of scrapping the carputer and having an iPhone install.

I have a Ford Focus MK1 and there is perfect place where I would like to mount my iPhone.

It's above the fans on the rights where the circular dial is (this isn't my car, mine has nothing there).

Basically I want a universal iPhone dock that can swivel from portrait and landscape.

The best I've seen so far is on the B&W Zeppelin Mini. It locks on portrait and landscape (both directions) and a rubber backing so it doesn't slip. I only need it to go one direction.

Also, I don't really want to drill any holes or cut into the dash.

Any ideas or suggestions on where or how I can make such thing?

Cheers
    Attached Files
    Car: Ford Focus
    Currently stock setup. Trying to decide on the best setup for me.

I suppose you have looked into ProclipUSA? I have those for the iPhone, iPad and the Blackberry. After trying a lot, they're the best ones I could find, I specially like that you don't need to attach cables to the device itself, they can be like a docking station with a cable passthrough. You just slike the tablet/phone, and it's charging/tethering.

That's a very odd shaped dash. If the Proclip does not have a satisfying solution for you, I would try to use the cig lighter socket somehow, perhaps even ditiching it and the plastic mount around it. Direct connect whatever is connected there already and figure out a way to adapt an aftermarket holder in there, IF it's at all visible to the driver.

Did you glue a clock/chrono to the upper left part on the gauge area? You could take that out (it looks out of place there) and fit a round base for an iPhone holder. If its stock, well, forgive me. :-)
    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
      I suppose you have looked into ProclipUSA? I have those for the iPhone, iPad and the Blackberry. After trying a lot, they're the best ones I could find, I specially like that you don't need to attach cables to the device itself, they can be like a docking station with a cable passthrough. You just slike the tablet/phone, and it's charging/tethering.

That's a very odd shaped dash. If the Proclip does not have a satisfying solution for you, I would try to use the cig lighter socket somehow, perhaps even ditiching it and the plastic mount around it. Direct connect whatever is connected there already and figure out a way to adapt an aftermarket holder in there, IF it's at all visible to the driver.

Did you glue a clock/chrono to the upper left part on the gauge area? You could take that out (it looks out of place there) and fit a round base for an iPhone holder. If its stock, well, forgive me. :-)
      Hi,

Thanks for your ideas, I like your thoughts on doing it round the cigarette lighter. I'll look into it.

The picture isn't actually my car, so I don't have that funny looking gauge. There's some weird shelf thing there =S

I take a picture when I can.

I haven't look at ProClipUSA, I think they don't look OEM enough though. I might be able to modify one though, it would be easier.

Cheers
      Car: Ford Focus
      Currently stock setup. Trying to decide on the best setup for me.

Comment

Working...
      X