Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epia M9000 - Quadraphonic Audio and Line In?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epia M9000 - Quadraphonic Audio and Line In?

Anyone able to get the Epia M9000 working with 4 channel output (Front L/R, Rear L/R) and have a line-in? I need the line in for my FM tuner.

After screwing around with it all day, I am a bit frustrated and hoping to at least be inspired by a, "It works on my system" response.

Thanks,
    --Craig

How about without the Line-in?

Bump...

Anyone able to get clean 4 channel output on the m-9000? I have a four channel amp, and was hoping to use the computer to control balance and front/rear fading.

Thanks,
    --Craig

Comment

EPIA-M sound sucks when using > 2 channel output.

OK... so, I have concluded that noone has been able to do this. I have searched the via boards exhaustively as well, and poor sound in 5.1 output mode is a known problem. Wish I would have known this earlier, but at least it is here now for the next guy.

In the end, I wound up using a soundgate Universal receiver interface to connect my 2 channel output to my 4 channel factory amp. This allows me to dial-in my line-levels for a very clean feed.
      Third party amps are a lot more forgiving that factory amps.

Comment

I'm also at the point in my install where I will be outputting the 2 channel sound from my SoundBlaster Live! to my 4 channel factory amp on my Acura CL...

What's that soundgate universal receiver that you mentionned?

Thanks,

MontrealCL

Comment

Factory amps are usually preset to very specific line-in levels since they know exactly what head unit will be connected to them. Aftermarket amps, don't know so they are more forgiving. the soundgate universal adapter allows you to adjust the exact line level going into the amp. This helps remove unwanted noise and insures that you have a really clean signal.

Show cars do this with aftermarket amps too. Just to fine-tune the levels going into the amps to get optimum performance.

--Craig

Comment

Working...
          X