No announcement yet.

Help with monitor

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with monitor

I know this is not the right place to ask, but I know you out there are technical emminences...

Ok, I just put my hands on a Daewoo CMC-1701M2 17" monitor (bought it for $35 at an auction!) the thing can go to 1280x1024 at 73Hz but in Win98 it shows the 640x480 resolution as a wide (very wide) cinema ending. I recall there is a way to create your own INF files for monitors (I have the manual, and there are listed the frequencies) anybody could help me?

I think that the problem you are describing can be solved just by manipulating the monitor's hardware controls.

[This message has been edited by smashr2k (edited 08-03-2000).]
    Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
    Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
    Player: Empeg for now; something custom later. - Custom built laptops!

I tried already that. Without touching the controls the image in the low resolutions take a third of the height posible, using the controls I almost get it to half the screen.

So it has to be the frequency. BTW, alreay tried to find the inf file, but the Daewoo site is down or something.

go to
        username drivers
        password all

do a search for drivers for that monitor
        Volvo V40 Phase 2 2002. T4 turbo upgrade.... currently no mp3 or carputer..... researching options

Even better, go to the Daewoo site, download the proper INF file for your monitor, and then install it. Windows should now show all supported resolutions properly.

Aaron Cake
          London, Ontario, Canada

Player: Cyrix 200, 32MB RAM, 10.2Gig Quantum HD, Onboard EtherNet/Sound/Video, Custom Lexan Case, Win95 Kernal w/Custom Player
          Car: '86 Mazda RX-7 w/Basic Performance Upgrades
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Already tryed,,, etc.

I found about 120 pages saying that the .inf file is in the Daewoo site ( but the darn thing pops out a message that says "site under construction".

Well, I'll keep searching...

I can't believe it. All pages that I find about Daewoo were taken by some company that is dedicated to only that purpose... well and to make money I guess.

hey dude found it in 5 mins ;-))
                this is direct link to download page,pick a download server ;-)) hope it works for you...
                Volvo V40 Phase 2 2002. T4 turbo upgrade.... currently no mp3 or carputer..... researching options