Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door unlock sound

Hi Guys,
    I'd like to add a custom sound to the door unlock. Any idea's where to go to get a suitable speaker/kit for this?
    Its just going to be a subtle enough sound, but better than the current physical unlock clunk sound
    Thanks!
    XBOX Civic- dcdc converter, 7.2" touch lcd, Evox, Gentoox, 160 gig hdd, Wlan on the way, Custom Paint job

Originally posted by joc_06 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I'd like to add a custom sound to the door unlock. Any idea's where to go to get a suitable speaker/kit for this?
    Its just going to be a subtle enough sound, but better than the current physical unlock clunk sound
    Thanks!
    Are you planning on playing the sound through your car speakers or are you ok having a separate dedicated speaker? I imagine you could get an Arduino kit with Audio Shield. You can hook up Arduino to one of the lights in your car that light up when the door is opened (via a relay, of course) - this will let you detect when the door is opened. You can play a .wav file via Audio Shield when that happens.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

Comment

i'm more curious in the device it's getting installed on then how you do it!
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Maybe i can help you,

1, give me the model of the motherboard on your carpc?, to check if your main board has any ports the we can use for a simple interface
        2, do you have any experiencing in electronics?

thanks

Comment

Working...
        X