Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB initialise delay when resuming from hibernate

I have a Gigabye H55 mini ITX board running an I3

Really annoying things is that when centrafuse loads if i try to access my ipod or gps the whole system hangs up for a while.
    I think its due to the USB not initializing.
    Is there anyway to speed up the usb initialize time?? or sort this problem out??

This problem has bugged me years ago, but it's solved when I started to use Windows 7 as my CARPC OS.
    This OS is smarter than XP since it will wait for devices to wake up.
    There is no way to make USB devices to wake up sooner since it is controlled by the drivers come with devices.
    You can try to have RR resume delay for more seconds in RR.ini
    As my experience tells me, at least 8 sec.

[General]
    hibernateaware=true
    resumedelay=10

Comment

Originally posted by vinchan View Post
      This problem has bugged me years ago, but it's solved when I started to use Windows 7 as my CARPC OS.
      This OS is smarter than XP since it will wait for devices to wake up.
      There is no way to make USB devices to wake up sooner since it is controlled by the drivers come with devices.
      You can try to have RR resume delay for more seconds in RR.ini
      As my experience tells me, at least 8 sec.

[General]
      hibernateaware=true
      resumedelay=10
      @vinchan: He's using Centrafuse, not RR.

@Cham: what are your system specs, and what version of CF are you running? CF does have a resume delay, have you configured it?
      1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Ooops~
        Indeed, CF does have a resume delay as well.

Comment

Hi
          Actually i've tested it a bit more and the problem might no be with the usb delay
          I checked how long the GPS took to initialise and it was around 10s

The thing is if i load up windows keep it running for a while (i.e everything is properly initialised) load centrafuse and try to access my ipod (or any music on it) it freezes for around a minute. after that theres no issues with delays
          so i just wonder if it something to do with centrafuse and ipod access? I have a 60gb ipod video

Comment

Every time you connect your ipod, CF scans it, looking for media. That's why it appears to freeze, if I remember correctly. Have you checked the CF forum for info about this problem?
            1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Hi
              Yea i've checked the CF forum but haven't found any solutions. Just wonder if its to do with the capacity of my ipod i,e taking longer to read the 60gb!
              thanks

Comment

try setting usb legacy support to disabled in bios, that worked for me
                View my worklog here

Comment

Working...
                X