Stop Beep at Startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Beep at Startup

When booting my computer it always makes a beep sound right as the bios is loading. I disasbled the internal speaker through windows but has no effect. How can I disable this beeping at boot? Is there a jumper somewhere on the motherboard?My PC is exactly like this one.

Thanks!
    Last edited by sall; 10-05-2011, 10:12 PM.

why not enable the internal speaker, and either physically remove it, or put a piece of tape over it?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Some motherboards just don't have a setting to turn off the beep at boot. If there's not a setting in the BIOS/UEFI, then there's nothing you can do about it, unfortunately.

Oh, and your link doesn't appear to work - it just takes me to the main ebay page. Posting a link to the actual manufacturer and model specific page would be better.
      1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Yeah, it's the correct link something with mp3car doesn't let it go through... don't like eBay I guess. Manufacturer page:

http://www.migrus.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=263
        Last edited by sall; 10-06-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

You should contact the manufacturer to see if it's possible.
          1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Random thought:

It’s usually a small piezo sounder/speaker on the MB, some are just plugged in, unplug or put a bit of tape over the front of it and reduce output by up to 80%.
            Palm sized ainol MiniPC, 8" Transreflective PRO, Win10, Reverse camera, Dual 10HZ GPS RX's for Speed Display & Sat Nav, FM-DAB & Phone Modules, iDrive interface. T-Screen HVAC control, custom microcontrollers, microcode and FE.

Comment

I don't think the speaker itself can be removed. Looking through BIOS I didn't see much that stuck out to me. I'll contact Migrus and see if they can shed any light on the issue. Other than that I'll try the tape suggestion. Just one of those annoying little aspects of the build.
              Last edited by sall; 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

It’s a tiny round black thing with a hole in the middle; usually around ” dia. If it unplugs it will be attached to a lead.
                These days most are permanently mounted on the MB. Cover the hole if you find it.
                Palm sized ainol MiniPC, 8" Transreflective PRO, Win10, Reverse camera, Dual 10HZ GPS RX's for Speed Display & Sat Nav, FM-DAB & Phone Modules, iDrive interface. T-Screen HVAC control, custom microcontrollers, microcode and FE.

Comment

It's definitely soldered to the motherboard. Just contacted Migrus will see how quickly they respond!

Comment

I used a drill bit on the one in my car- Just destroy the little piece of metal in it and it'll be quiet for ever. Of course that's a rather violent (and satisfying) way to deal with a beep that won't stop...
                    Zotac H55-ITX w/ 802.11n WiFi, i3-550/3.20GHz, 8GB DDR3 1333MHz, 120G Intel SSD, P2140,
                    7" pseudo-transflective resistive TS, Win7-64, Centrafuse 4.3, Elmscan Compact 6, BU-353, Rear camera, Trailer camera

Comment

lol ^ guys he knows how to solder (and should know how to desolder!) :
                      http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ential-Project

btw, what happened with those? no updates since april? i believe that was before i finished my tails, started on my reverse lights, and had just barely considered front turn signals...
                      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                      carpc undecided

Comment

Oh man! I have MAJOR project ADD haha. I ended up ditching the sequentials. Well not really. At that point I didn't have the headlights finished yet with the LED turn signals. So, just about every turn signal flasher I tried wouldn't work correctly with the sequentials. It would have REALLY weird stuttering and never figured it out 100%. I built a custom turn signal flasher but it couldn't handle having filament bulbs up front but worked perfect for the sequentials. Needless to say that turn signal flasher is installed now but haven't had the time to rewire the sequentials back in. It's only one wire each side to move but... excuses excuses. Other than the project is done and sealed up and has been working flawlessly. So yeah I will get that done sometime before xmas and update that thread lol.

Haha but yeah good point. I'd desolder the speaker/piezo before taking a drill to it. The speaker does serve a purpose so I'd rather not destroy it!

Comment

Agreed, but I couldn't get to the stupid piezo in my car's personality module... It was glued together so tight that over an hour of messing with it couldn't get it apart and I didn't want to break it open.

So I looked up pictures, drilled though the case, found the little SOB and took it out. : )
                          Zotac H55-ITX w/ 802.11n WiFi, i3-550/3.20GHz, 8GB DDR3 1333MHz, 120G Intel SSD, P2140,
                          7" pseudo-transflective resistive TS, Win7-64, Centrafuse 4.3, Elmscan Compact 6, BU-353, Rear camera, Trailer camera

Comment

Yeah. Still no return email from Migrus and looking more in depth in the BIOS I see nothing related to speaker/piezo.

Comment

Well, two weeks later finally a response from Migrus after sending a second email:

The Migrus C787-1.5G has been discontinued, therefore there is no longer any support for this motherboard. It is not possible to disable the beep. It is programmed into the bios and will need to be reprogrammed by the bios company. I'm sorry there isn't much we can do for you at this point. Once again, we do thank you for having interest in our products.
                              So, why say contact for ore information on the webpage haha. Anyways, sounds like it's time to do something with it myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X