Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old(fat) ps3 on/off touch buttons 4 carpc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old(fat) ps3 on/off touch buttons 4 carpc?

I have just built a car pc using an old burnt out 40gb Sony PS3 case. Was wondering if anyone on this site has done this before with a similar(fat)PS3 case and weather they managed to utilise the touch sensitive ON/OFF button to turn on pc? Im thinking that the touch button is a Compacitive touch sensor type set up. Im sure(but i could be wrong) its not a Resistive type sensor switch. I would post a pic of it but my kids have hammers for hands so i dont have a digital camera at the moment

I figured it out(on/off touch button)thanks largly to a YOUTUBE posted video by some clever man demonstrating how a touch sensor switch works. Managed to make a compacitance touch switch with components bought from JayCar elecs for under $15. Works perfect, will post pics soon.
    Last edited by pcmoto.com.au; 12-05-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Great, please share the pics. Real interested to see how it looks. I suppose you can even use the existing (fat) fan to cool your car pc also, then i guess you would need something like this to control it:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-Slim-Int...item2312ea535c

Comment

pics?

Comment

His kids must have gotten to his keyboard too
          "A rose by any other name is still a flower"

Comment

Sorry guys. Trying to get camera. Sould have pics up by tonight.

Comment

Ok. had to resort to using DV camera as a digital camera so the picture quality is poor at best.

I will post a proper working vid soon. I was unable to use the original ps3 fan( my main intention)due to the mobo i used. But you could do it with a fanless cpu motherboard easy.
              Last edited by pcmoto.com.au; 11-23-2011, 07:54 AM.

Comment

the case of the Playstation was much better than xbox 360

just for comparison purposes

Comment

That turned pretty good too. I think the old fat PS3 systems have alot more room to work with making it easier to do mods etc. Not sure of the width the 360 is but dont look like it has much height(more steamlined) as the ps3

Comment

It is something different I like it!

Comment

Thanks. Its been a fun project. Would like to try again but with a fanless cpu m/b. That way you could use the ps3 fan and cage, the hdd cage and slot as well as the existing fan intake/outlets just by turning the m/b upside down so the cpu faces the ps3 fan. You would then have stacks of room left above to do what ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X