No announcement yet.

Anyone using Phoenix Audio MT107A microphone?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Phoenix Audio MT107A microphone?

I'm trying to use this with CF4 (on XP SP2) and can't get much help, especially from CF directly. The MT107A shows up fine under recording devices, but I let my SB External USB 5.1 sound card selected as the default for both playback and recording, and then in the CF settings, I would choose MT107A Wave-In for the bluetooth input device. Unfortunately, the person I am on the phone with cannot hear me at all. If I choose my SB External card for playback and the MT107A for recording, the person on the other end can hear me, but I can no longer change volume in CF. It just stops working and the volume is wherever it was last set. I've had this setup as a digital input for the microphone (USB connection), so I used the OUT2 (microphone out of the MT107A) into the Line-In of the SB External sound card, and set both playback/recording to SB External again. Now I can change volume and the person can hear me, but they have their own echo, which was the whole purpose of installing the MT107A.

I have no idea what is going on here, but I know others are using the MT107A, so I want to know what I am missing. The only thing I find strange is under the sound properties in the control panel, it always has "use only default devices" checked...and if I uncheck it, it will re-check itself when I re-open the properties.