No announcement yet.

How is this done???

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is this done???

Hey guys! I just bought a 2012 TSX and it has a multi information display where the stock navi screen would be. I was thinking about relocating the MID so i can fit my xenarc but then I came across this video. does anyone know how this guy got the factory MID info integrated into his carputer??

He's overlaying the video output from his stock unit on top of Centrafuse. It's not even embedded. If you look later in the video, in the bottom right corner is a widget that is probably the program that pops the controls up and down.

I think you're right. Now finding out what program it is that he's using. I tried contacting home but I don't think he understands English.
      I know that the stock MID screen has one plug behind it. He must of converted it into serial, parallel or even USB. I also came across some other users with that same method of displaying the mid info on their LCD screen over a different frontend.

Ahh! I need to find out.

Well I found out that he's using something called GA-net+. It's a very expensive converter box that lets you use the factory navi with your carputer. Factory touchscreen, control knob and all. It's a pretty awesome little device with tons of options but it's out of my price range.

wow, you were right VERY expensive. geez
          $995 for the "full kit" and $750 for the "normal kit"
          thats an entire carpc budget right there :-(

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7