Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Directed DMHD-1000 - Hear it clicking / powering on but get nothing..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directed DMHD-1000 - Hear it clicking / powering on but get nothing..

I have a Directed DMHD-1000 that I hooked up with Mitch's serial adapter to a serial to usb adapter..

In Centrafuse when I select radio I can hear the radio clicking on but I get no sound nor am I able to scan channels..

Is there any other 3rd party program I can use to test or does anyone have any other ideas (sans attaching the display panel).

Thanks
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

In windows mixer are the level good or maybe muted by default? That was my problem when I could hear it click to turn on. That's all I got for you. SNO

Comment

But I don't get any scanning ability for channels..

Comment

What about port settings in windows, are thay all set correctly, to match the unit and what is set in CF?

Comment

I don't even see any port settings in Centrafuse.. You just select HDRadio from the selection..

Comment

Sorry i was thinking of XM for the CF settings. But in windows for your usb dongle port is it set to 9600 i believe is the correct speed, But don't quote me on that. If that doesn't work I will go to my truck and verify the speed setting.

Comment

I stand corrected It runs at 115K Here is a link that might help you see if you get anything via terminal/hyperterm http://www2.dasilvas.info/hd-radio SNO

Comment

SatAmp4 on mitch's website, rush2112. That program would always work for me when trying to debug my usb/serial adapters and drivers for RideRunner, and those never worked for crap. Finally broke down and just ordered Mitch's USB cable,
                TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
                BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
                BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

I downloaded that SatAmp program but with no manual I must be a retard because I can't figure out anything in it!

Yea, I will if I have to (buy a USB one) but $40 is a bit steep IMO..

Comment

Oh I see you are not using mitch's complete cable. In your last setup did you use direct to serial port on computer, thats my prefered method but if you must use a dongle to convert to usb it needs to be ftdi chipset in the dongle. The prolific chipset is very wonky at best. SNO

Comment

i've run into that same issue with the usb cable . it's something with when u set up centrafuse and if u unplug the cable for some reason the com port u used wont work any more . i rememebr i did something where i delete the setting for the hd radio and uninstalled the driver. then reinstalled the driver for the usb cable and then opened centrafuse so it can revonfig the hd radio . it was driving me nuts for a whole day because i know it worked 5 mins before then i had unplugged the cables. then poo no more radio . im gonna check it out on my pc to see what file it was .

Comment

in CF, there is a file "HDRadio.xml"
                        find it, delete it
                        -Thanks
                        Mitch
                        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                        May healing waters bury all my pain
                        Wind, Carry me home
                        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                        The piece of me that died
                        Will return To live again

Comment

yea i think it's under c:\programdata\centrafuse\centrafuse auto\ "username" \
                          am i right on that ? it's been a while since i had to do that

Comment

yea... keep going, under radiomodules...
                            -Thanks
                            Mitch
                            www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                            May healing waters bury all my pain
                            Wind, Carry me home
                            The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                            The piece of me that died
                            Will return To live again

Comment

Originally posted by Michae View Post
                              i've run into that same issue with the usb cable . it's something with when u set up centrafuse and if u unplug the cable for some reason the com port u used wont work any more . i rememebr i did something where i delete the setting for the hd radio and uninstalled the driver. then reinstalled the driver for the usb cable and then opened centrafuse so it can revonfig the hd radio . it was driving me nuts for a whole day because i know it worked 5 mins before then i had unplugged the cables. then poo no more radio . im gonna check it out on my pc to see what file it was .
                              Wow so you have this same issue with the USB cable? That makes me hesitant to purchase it to replace my serial..

Comment

Working...
                              X