want to show my case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to show my case

Hi, i thougt i should show you my new case..
    please tell me what you think about it, other ideas or light or s.th.

thanx, Beetle
    Attached Files

very clean
    WINNER!!!!
    run-on sentance comp 2002!!
    :)

Comment

Looks like what I did... only a hell of a lot better.

What did you use when working with the plexi glass?
      Where did you get those metal spacer pieces that you mounted the power to?

Comment

wow.
        i attempted doing a plexi glass case. it didnt turn out anywhere near as nice. I ended up scrapping it.

VERY nice job.
        Progress here: http://www.siriuscybernetics.net

Comment

whoa, thick plexi. is there enought vent so that it doesn't overheat?

Comment

Those metal spacer are the same like the one from the motherboard. To get these clear edges, i used a circular saw, to cut the pieces. To get the holes i used a "milling machine"?
            for the heat i am going tu cut 2 big holes into the case so i cant mount 2 fans.. On the pics, the case is an little bit dirty, because my friends touched it more than enough .The cover isnīt screwed on yet...
            Attached Files

Comment

I am wanting to build that exact same case. It looks identical to what i had planned even to where i wanted to mount the hard drive to the roof. The only thing i was planning on doing was leaving space for a pci card by mounting it horizontally with a pci riser card.

How thick is that plexiglass you use? Also where did you get those screws that stick out a bit. I found some like that but they were a little too fat. And one last one is how high is the highest point of the motherboard from the top of the base? My case can only be 3" in height.

Nice job. Hopefully mine will look close to as good as yours.
              Hardware: M10000 / 2.5" 700meg Solid State Drive / 30 gig 7200 rpm HD / DigitalWW 7" LCD / USB Touscreen / X10 Lola Remote / Serial GPS
              Current Project: Turning Nissan Steering Wheel Remote into Joystick to control Frodoplayer

Comment

Looks sharp! And given that an epia is 6.75" square, it looks to be thicker than 3".
                -Nick

Comment

That is fantastic! Your skill with plexiglass is to be commended.

Comment

leenas...i will use a pci riser card too, but i havenīt one yet..i have enough space for it..I will use a Compo PCI I/0 Card to have more comports and one mor lpt..so i can connect my lcd, touchscreencontroller, iR and a controller to control windows and winamp and so on.

The plexiglass is 8mm thick and the screws to hold the plexiglass together? These are normal "sheet metal screws"??i have drilled 4mm holes into the plexiglass and the screws are 4.2mm thick..mhmm..the highest point from the undersite is ca. 4cm, cause the ram..The case is 4,52" high, but when you already have an notebook HDD you can make it really thin..I had to make it so high, becaus i havenßt a notebook HDD yet and had to use a normal Hdd..

Comment

what kind of PS are you using for your computer? And how does it work for you?

Comment

I'll get you my shipping address tonight
                        [H]4 Life
                        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

hehe...Bugster..i donīt know, what for PSU...because i think we have in germany other PSU than you in the USA..i only know thats a 60W PSU and i am going to buy someday the 120W version that i can connect more to it...

Comment

Loverly work, so much smaller, classier, and better constructed than mine. I hate you
                            4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

exactly what i want to do.... i bought the same psu but the 120W one and it arrived today... why didnt you mount the psu straight onto the M/B?

Comment

Working...
                              X