My Next Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Next Project

Now that the truck is pretty well done and running well, I am planning for my latest acquisition, a 2004 Yamaha FJR 1300.

I am looking at using Autocom's Automatic Volume Control (www.autocomamerica.com) kit, which includes the controller and speakers (I believe they are helmet mount). As of right now, I have a Nomad JB1, which I am not very happy with, especially as compared to Winamp. Ideally, I would like to find a unit that has more than 6GB of storage space, and also includes position memory, so that it remembers which track was playing when I shut down. Anyone know of such a portable unit?
    KG6OQD
    www.americansandassociation.org

Not at all to knock your choice (we each have our own) but I could never understand the thrill of such heavy "built out" bikes. I feel like I am riding a boat when I get on something like this. This is not as bad as a GoldWing or Valkyrie (sp?) but it just still feels big. When I ride I don't want to carry everything with me, just my wallet and keys. For me that is the whole "freedom" of a motorcycle. Again not to to knock the choice, just curious why you like bigger bikes. Perhaps you will be some touring in it?

My dream bike is something like this:

or the Triumph

Currently I am riding a pretty beat up Kawasaki CSR650 that I fixed up a couple weeks ago (still need to do some painting). Not bad for $170 total though
    Imagine this bike beat up, and that's what I ride

Sorry I didn't have any tech help for ya. Maybe get an XM radio on there, quite a few people have done that, then you get a nice variety no matter where you are.

Comment

o cool. I've always wanted to see a motoMP3 project.
      Maybe you can mod one of these into the helmet
      http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_p...p?Product=1193

Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
      Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

and here's the manufacturers website
        http://www.microvision.com/nomad/index.html

I like the HUD display.
        Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
        Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

Moose,
          My current bike is a 1989 Yamaha YX600 Radian, very similar to your Kawasaki. I am upgrading to the FJR primarily for the bags, as I use my bike to commute through the nightmare called traffic here in SoCal.

Churnopol, I know that people have already hooked up MP3 players on bikes (check out fjrowners.com for examples). I'm just looking fro the best player at the moment, one which will give me the last song played memory that I have been spoiled by with my truck setup.
          KG6OQD
          www.americansandassociation.org

Comment

Working...
          X