Clifford Cliffnet data cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clifford Cliffnet data cable

Has anyone got a data cable for their clifford alarm?
    There is a box inline on the cable that is supposed to interpret the signals
    Im want to build a cable to hook up to the alarm and my car PC but that would seem to possibly be a stumbling block.
    Does anyone have a cable, and wouldnt mind opening up the mid-section just to check that it is a PIC or microcontroller, and not just a MAX232 chip (heaven forbid!)

Dave

Hi Dave

I posted a message before in some car alarm forum volenteering to post the circuit diagram cause many was asking for it. No response so I didnt bother, I dont need it but they do =)

Anyway you are in a luck cause its just an RS232 interface. The clifford 3 pin output is GND, RX and TX, all TTL signals. All you need is a chip, resistors, capicitors to convert this into a proper RS232 signals.

Ill post more info when I have more time.

Do you have the Cliffnet Wizard Pro, whats the difference with the normal edition?

Comment

Not yet, my car is going in for the install once Ive sorted the new engine out. Its going to get a reputation locally, and my last CRX was stolen, so I dont want this one going anywhere
      Just trying to prepare
      I await with baited breath...

Comment

Just dont let those so called Pro Installer as recomeded by the insurance bodge up your wiring...thats what they done to mine.

I have to rewire it all over again, not easy when the wires already been chopped into bits.

Comment

Does someone have an API for this?

Comment

Ricky, just checking to see if you havent forgotten me?
            But then if you are as busy as I am at the moment then no rush

Comment

The clifford RS-232 interface is a simple RS-232 to TTL convertor - use a MAX-232 IC and you need no external components and get a 5v supply from the alarm main unit. I got a loan of a data cable from a clifford installer to open up (which was very cheaply made, poor quality).

I should have the pinouts still written down somewhere if anyone's interested. I have the dealers software CD-ROM also kicking around though they might not be too happy about that doing the rounds

If you used some serial sniffing software running on a seperate computer recording data between the software and alarm unit you could easily work out the baud rate, protocol, then build your own app. Though they probably have some clause in a license agreement about reverse engineering etc etc.

Comment

Any chance you could send a back up of that CD my way ??

Ive got the user version and the interface but i dont have the dealer Cd to set up my RPM locking etc.

thanks

[email protected]

Originally posted by marklamond
                The clifford RS-232 interface is a simple RS-232 to TTL convertor - use a MAX-232 IC and you need no external components and get a 5v supply from the alarm main unit. I got a loan of a data cable from a clifford installer to open up (which was very cheaply made, poor quality).

I should have the pinouts still written down somewhere if anyone's interested. I have the dealers software CD-ROM also kicking around though they might not be too happy about that doing the rounds

If you used some serial sniffing software running on a seperate computer recording data between the software and alarm unit you could easily work out the baud rate, protocol, then build your own app. Though they probably have some clause in a license agreement about reverse engineering etc etc.
                www.t1ny.com

Comment

Can you please send the jpeg for the infiniti logo which you have as your back ground?
                  ALIBABA - I30 99
                  Nemiah M10000, C134
                  DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
                  GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam
                  Mute on stereo w I300 car kit
                  Liliput 7in w usb touch screen
                  Direct connect with BOSE-CD changer

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14934
                    Does anybody know were i can get the instructions for my clifford alarm system

Comment

Authorized Clifford dealers are not suppose to sell the pro version of cliffnet. They're only allowed to sell the consumer version. If you guys are interested in it, buy it asap.
                      NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                      If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone have the pinouts for the alarm? Also, anyone know where to get the Cliffnet Pro software?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dmurray14
                          Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone have the pinouts for the alarm? Also, anyone know where to get the Cliffnet Pro software?

Dan
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49371

Comment

thanks!
                            Any idea if this will work with the Matrix 3.5RS?

Comment

http://www.adelcom.net/Clifford1.htm they sell the prod version

http://www.clifford.com/g5/wizard/default.asp heres a free customer version i guess
                              PC Components:
                              Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                              My work log

Comment

Working...
                              X